586,313 active members*
4,316 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Which machines have a good service in the USA?

Which machines have a good service in the USA?

Hallo!

We want to expand our production in the usa, so we got in germany
    following machines:

Gildemeister CTX 400
    Gildemeister CTX 420
    Gildemeister CTX 520
    Chiron FZ-22W
    Chiron FZ-28L
    Hedelius RS100
    Hedlius C60

In the USA we got Haas, Hardinge und Hitachis Seiki.

Which machines are good "new" and which are good "used"?

Thanks for your answers!

I wouldn't bother with any of those machines in the USA. Best supported are Okuma, Mori, Haas etc; Look at the best agencies in the US, for example "Ellison Technologies" who offer great support on all machine they sell, choose these machine types. I should know, I worked for them and they are a top organisation.

Thanks for your answer!

Whats about the MAZAK Service?

CNC service

Where in the USA? Different areas use different service companies. I am located in the North east and we get pretty good service for Hardinge, HAAS, Mori-seiki.....also, for used equipment there are a few 3rd party service companies around that are good at servicing CNC's.

Most Distributers also service the machines they sell. I would start by asking about how people are satisfied with the service from the distibuters of the machines you are interested in....in the area you are setting up shop.

Mazak service is also excellent..........but you didn't ask about them before.

Im in the NW I run a mazak nexus 510c II and I get great service with mazak

If you look on the PM board you will find that Mazak service is not good in the USA and I have personal experience of how bad it is in the UK.Right now they have a worldwide shortage of spindles and have had since last year.Reading different forums will give you a better idea of service in the States for most machines.From what I can gather it is down to the local agent and where service is good in one area for a particular machine it is poor in another.
    Mark.

Ellison-Mori Seiki is top notch, so is Gosiger- handles Okuma, Makino....those are the top 3 in my head and you will not go wrong with any of them. You have a lot of good (and bad) choices...but those are my top 3 in no order.

From my own experience, Makino has the best service I have found so far! The company I work with bought an MMC system (2 Makino A61's and cell controller) last year. Since even before the actual install, Makino has been there with us for everything. We haven't had to call on them much (very reliable machines), but when we did, Makino provided top-notch help! Among the worst, DMG! Everytime we had to call these guys out for service, it was a minimum 1 to 2 weeks before we got it! No representation in the US whatsoever, from my understanding, and the "technical reps" they supposedly DID have in the US didn't know squat about the machine!