586,903 active members*
2,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    More Pics,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails front.jpg   front1.jpg   gym.jpg   gym1.jpg  

pavillion.jpg  
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

Entry Price REDUCED!!!!!!!!! to $100

I KNOW our economy sucks right now, and in light of that I am reducing the entry price for the two day event to: $100.00 from $200.00 dollars!!!

BUT, if you plan to attend I need you to send me an Email or prefably the entry amount before the end of March.

If by the end of March I dont have at least 20 people, then I will have to Cancel the event, since I wont be able to cover basic cost.

Please let me know as soon as you can. After this year I think I may make the event once every Two years instead.

Scott
    Commercial Mach3: Screens, Wizards, Plugins, Brains,PLCs, Macros, ATC's, machine design/build, retrofit, EMC2, Prototyping. http://sites.google.com/site/volunteerfablab/

It would be great If you could find a supplier that is local to the same area as your event that would host the event/building for free, maybe charge a small fee for lunch, etc...

Keep up the good work.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

The timing is just right for our software as we are planning to release VCarve Pro V5 and Aspire V2 in March. I'll be attending (assuming we get sufficient numbers booked in) and plan on demonstrating the latest functionality and running some short training classes.

For those who don't follow the vectric forum, the new features planned for the software include,

True Shape Nesting
    2 Tool Pocketing
    Auto-Inlay Toolpaths
    Fluting Toolpaths
    Import DWG + newer DXF versions
    New Texturing toolpath
    Curve splining -Node reduction - Arc fitting
    Raised 3D Prism Machining
    Multicolour 3D toolpath Preview
    3D Model Slicing
    Sorry if this is to 'commercial' but thought it might generate some interest.

Thanks,
    Tony

Tony, will be at your Mercy for 4 hours!!!! And if I can get the "EZ Router" people to get off thier duff they said they might bring a machine to show and have Tony cut stuff on........but havent heard back from them. If any one knows anyone there Perhaps you can call and see if you can shake the Answer man give an answer.

If they fall through perhaps another OEM or user with a small portable 4x4 or so Router table can bring it to the event. It can be bigger if you want, BUT, it must be running Mach3 as the control.

Tony: NP, Most people that I know who run Mach3 run your software, most sign and router shops I have been in also run your stuff!!! so no problem

scott

Update!!!!:

The "EZ Router" guys will be showing up with a Table 4x4 router. So they will get to demo thier table, and Tony of Vectic will have a nice table to demo his Software on!!!

He will be going over ALL of his software in detail Plus cut Example out for you using a Mach3 powered machine!!!

So, Sign up fellas it is gonna be good!! Tony is an Excellent Presenter and Teacher!!

Looking forward to seeing the Table that EZ Router will Bring up.

Scott

Update:

Ed Bryson of "Joshua1 systems", is going to showing/teaching his new "Plug in" Wizard, this programming envirioment will let you program Plugins in VS2008!!! AND, you can program in C#, .net and C++/MFC your choice!!!

this well be a Major break through for Programmers of Plugins, since currently we are stuck with having to use VS2003 and C++/MFC.

BobCad-Cam said they wanted to show up to the event, but as of yet they have not given me any times or thier vendor fee, so we shall see.

scott

Since Galesburg is cancelled has anyone proposed something else? I would consider one in Louisville KY. I have about the same building space available as Cardinal.
    Robert Setree 502-452-9851

Since Galesburg is cancelled has anyone proposed something else? I would consider one in Louisville KY. I have about the same building space available as Cardinal.
    What????????? Are you on the right thread?

Ludluger,

Please get OUT of my thread..... This is a Mach 3 Convention, Please start your own thread somewhere else instead as being that rude.

scott

Sad News........

I am cancelling the 2cd Annual Mach Convention South East.

The main reason being that the Army Guard in which I serve,
    as of last drill has increased our Drill dates and moved up our deployment date,
    back to Iraq. My suspecion that the Army decision was purely political, since the
    current ruling party, has said they will pull out. The Army has a budget they want
    to keep so they are gonna move us up and out before it is cut off. That is my
    unoffical but probably accurate guess as to the "Real Reason".

In eigther case, sign-ups even at the reduced price was only 3 people I know it is
    because everyone is scared to death of the Solist Economy they are forcing. This close
    to the date I just cant risk being on the hook for the rental and not even breaking even.
    Further for the months after my proposed the Community Center starts getting into
    renting out its Gym for local sporting events which would make it difficult to schedule.

Digital Machinist has Contacted me and asked to Roll my event into thier event.
    They have plans on taking over the "CNC work shop" since Roland is no longer
    gonna do that. Location of the new event is as yet undisclosed, and at any rate
    may be rolled forward to next year. So I suspect that I will roll my event
    into thier event next year depending on where they decide to have it.

If they decide not to include my event for some reason, then I will reschedule
    my event for next year, if I am in Iraq at that time, then I will hand off the event
    to another teacher.

Payments: For those of you that have paid, I can send you back your fee or roll you
    forward to the next event, I will send you an email for your choice.

Scott

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaBear10 View Post
    Sad News........I am cancelling the 2cd Annual Mach Convention South East.
    I realize you have no way of knowing this, so you have to go with what you see at the time. But there are probably quite a few like me who have waited till closer to time to sign up. I went to the Mach site today to do just that. Saw the "canceled" sign instead. Missed it last year by way of sell-out. Maybe you could come up with some kind of non-refundable sign up deposit so that you could have more confidence in the turn out. Maybe $25. Anyhow, I understand. Be safe in Iraq.

To bad Scott, I was realy looking forward getting started on my new machine with Mach3. I planned a complete vacation from aruba to the smokey mountains. Please let me know what other options i have to learn the basics of this machine with mach3.
    thanks and keep safe.

They have moved us up from in the early quarter of next year to the ending quater of this year (moved up about 4 months). So I will be here a little longer.

Options to Learn: www.machsupport.com
    Under Downloads, (I think), they have put up the "NEW" Mach3 manual that is a great place to start, also on the site they have "Subject" Videos, like how to get started and config and things like that.

Like I had Mentioned. "Digital Machinist" had contacted me about us doing a "Joint Venture", since we both had offered to take over "CNC WorkShop" (Since Roland has retired out of it). They are far, far better set up to do the "Event Organization work". So I told them if they want to take it over and roll me in that is fine with me. As long as, it is not to far from my location, if it is to much of a logistical problem then I will do my own thing again. In eighter case it looks like no one is doing anything this year any way. I think we are all waiting to see what the Bozos in Washington are gonna do next to further ruin this country, and try to make it into thier vision of a Socilist Utopia (obviously with them in charge, where the rules apply to us, but not to them).

I have a question: If we are all equal under the law, then we should all be able to choose NOT to pay our Taxes, for 4 years, and get a free pass just like Gietner. Isnt it funny that crooks get to be in charge of the very organization that they broke the law under (IRS). ...........

It looks like we now have Legal Precedent, if it is OK for him then it is OK for us.

scott

Angry Really wanted to go to the Mach convention.

I really wanted to go to the convention. I would have gone for sure.

thank for information
    want to see videos about cnc want to build your own cnc
    go here .... http://buildowncnc.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 3 123