586,115 active members*
3,323 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help getting started

I recently bought a milltronics lathe with a cent V controller. It has the capability of being programmed in g code or conversationally. I have stumbled my way through a couple of programs conversationally by looking at the one example I could find in the manual and then doing a lot of guessing. But I am far from happy with my progress. I am wondering if anyone here would be willing to help me out a bit. Say for example, give me a step by step if I included some simple part drawing. Any help would be much appreciated. By the way, I am fairly familiar with programming knee mills and I regularly use a TRAK lathe at my other job so I am not totally in the dark but I think a little help would go a long way here.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

Just to let you know I believe you asked some questions about the post processer for bob cad for you lathe and they only have one for the Cent. 6 Have you tried using this post processer? I talked to Milltronics yesterday and as far as a cent 5 vs cent 6 goes most all g-code are the same so for simple programs the post processer for the Cent 6 may work for you. I have not used Bobcad for programing a lathe only mill so I can't be a lot of help beyond this.

Jason

bobcad post

Jason,

Thanks for keeping me in mind and letting me know regarding the cent 6 post. I have not tried that but I will. I am a one man shop (well, my 16 year old son helps me when I get in a bind) and I only do this on the side - so time is not a commodity that I have a lot of. If I had time to play around with the control and the bobcad software I am sure everything would be fine and dandy but as it is I am always pressed to the limit to get some job or other out the door and I am always trying to pick people's brains so I can make faster progress. Thanks for your input. It means a lot to me.

Joe