586,105 active members*
3,063 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Hobby Projects > RC Robotics and Autonomous Robots > Univelop stepper Drive Vs KCam - Issue

Univelop stepper Drive Vs KCam - Issue

Folks,
    Need Help...
    My Stepper motor does not run in the CW direction

I am having NEMA 23 stepper motor connected to my Univelop 4 Axis controller/Driver. It uses DB25 pin and I am using KCam.

Any suggestions ?

Consider yourself lucky it runs at all! I wasn't that lucky when I wasted money on a univelop driver. If you can't find a way to fix it, I suggest buying some 203v Geckos.

Dan

Dan,
    Thanks for your reply. Let me try a bit with this driver.
    -SRA

I'm having the same issues with my Univelop 5 axis board, spins only in 1 direction. The customer service is slow, the last email he replied back was 2 weeks ago. And it's been 2.5 months since I bought it with the same issues. Needless to say I wish I never bought it.

Have you been able to figure out the problem with yours?

I know this is an old thread but who knows you might still have the problem or someone else might. Sorry I didn't post this sooner, I forgot to post it.

I have the Univelop 5 axis setup based upon the TA8435H chip - I also found that it would also only move in one direction. I reverse-engineered the drive only to find that one component was connected wrong and messaged the seller. It took some time to persuade him that it was wrong and wouldn't work but he actually corrected the boards and sent me out another 5 axis set. (Without me having to pay postage or even send my old set back.) The correction requires an opto-isolator to be remounted at an angle but the corrections on the new boards is pretty neat. They do also have the new series of boards out now.

If it still hasn't been solved, get back in touch and you might get some replacement drives - Can use them as spares or something if you have already replaced them.