586,065 active members*
4,327 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > I need some help with an Emco PC Mill 125

I need some help with an Emco PC Mill 125

I am a new user that needs some help. I just happened to stumble on this forum from some google searching and figured there's some experts here that can help.

I am a student at Cincinnati State Technical College in Cincinnati, OH and we are working on a special project. We currently have an Emco PC Mill 125 that we use for CNC programming classes. We mostly machine blocks of machining wax with the occasional steel and aluminum parts. For this project we are trying to add two options:

1. An air system that lets us have a continuous stream of air blowing on our part to clean off chips when we machine the wax (working similar to the way a coolant system works).

2. A coolant system.

Does anyone know if there are any kits or easily available parts to make these work with the mill we have? Also, does anyone know where we can get a service manual or schematics so we can track down what is already installed and set-up in this machine? Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Emco

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Emco software link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?79n9xj09cos

Spray Mist Unit

http://tinyurl.com/3o622b

Vortex tube:

http://tinyurl.com/4yxm3z

There are a lot of mills like yours retrofitted to run Mach III, the retrofit is not very difficult.

Jeff Alessi
    [email protected]

I am looking more for how i can find things out about my particular machine. After some research my class mate and I found a coolant system and pneumatic valves to piece together our two systems. Now our only problem/issue is how are we gonna work it. We would like to use any pre-programmed input/outputs already in the machine so we can turn the systems on and off w/ the M-code. Does anyone know of someone I can call or get in touch with that could help? I've called Emco and they said that they would have to send out a service guy for $1000 a day and MAYBE he could tell us what we have but we don't have that kind of money to spend on a service call.

Thanks.