586,655 active members*
3,609 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Biesse Rover 20 NC410

Hi,

I currently have a biesse Rover 13 with an Nc 400 contol and am looking at purchasing a Rover 20 with a NC410 contoller. i heard that the previous owners were running it with mastercam. However they've gone out of business and the programmer's not around to discuss it with. Any ideas if I can run ether of these machines through a CAD/CAM package rather than programminmg them at the machine ??

I currently use BobCad V21 to prgram my flatbed CNC, so options that use that would be ideal.

Thanks

Jung,

The NC400 and NC410 are very similar controls. If you are predominantly panel processing, and if your panels are can be considered families of parts, there is not faster method of programming than to create parametric programs within the editor of the control. If you are making parts that have alot of complexity, such as architectural arched designs or furniture components, then offline programming is definitely a plus.
    Bobcam probably has a post for the NC400/410, if not you will have to have them create one for you. The post will have to export code in a .CID format - then you can do a .CID - .PAN conversion in the controls editor.
    Hope this helps!
    Kindest Regards
    Mark T.
    www.cnccustomservices.com

thanks Mark,

I appreciate the thoughts. Your right about setting up parametric programs at the controller, I do a lot of my work that way at the momement. I guess I was just hoping that I might be able to intergrate the programming of all three machines through a single piece of software. Do you have personal experience of programming one of these machines through a CAD package ? If you do please give me the details.

I checked out Bobcad's post already but it doesn't seem to have any drilling macros and it doesn't save as a .CID or .PAN file. So I guess I should contact them.

Thanks again

It could be saved as a .PAN extension, but rarely have I seen that with that control. Typically post processed programs will not have drilling macros, or at least not in the manner you are used to using them. The macros embedded in your machine are actually precreated parametrics. I have never seen Bobcam used on a Biesse, but I know from other forums that they have successfully done it. Typically I see Microvellum, MasterCam, Alphacam, Cabinetvision, etc. The critical thing is to insure that the person working with you on your post is in direct contact with yourself, or someone that knows the code on your control.

Let me know if there is anyway I can help.

Kindest Regards,

Mark Tomlin
    www.cnccustomservices.com

Smile bobcam biesse

bobcam will post to biesse 481 controller, if you rewrite the postprocessor.
    it took me 2 weeks! but then you still need to get the code into the machine!
    not all old controllers have the serial card fitted inside the controller, even if the port shows on the outside. you still need to write the code to disk, in converted format the cni controller recognises. the disks are formatted totally differently from pc. a pc will not recognise a disk formatted and written in cni controller.

i have the correct software written to do this with just 2 mouse clicks £600 sterling.

Do you or anyone out there have the 400 operators manual? I just purchased a rover 13 and need the manual to figure this thing out. [email protected]

i only have 481 manual
    its well worth purchasing one from biesse along with the full fault codes book (as without it you will be lost) cost me about £120 sterling from biesse uk
    theyre not on pdf
    so much to learn, so much to pass on.