586,077 active members*
3,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Free Power Supply Calculator

Ok, I think I have spent quite a long time looking through various threads etc as well as other websites and blogs regarding power suppliers and stepper motors, there is a lot of advice but a lot of it is not very easy to understand, especially if you are a lamo like me, so I thought I will construct a simple calculator to help others work out quickly what size Power Supply they need to obtain or construct for their given steppers, as I have come across tones of questions relating to this subject on various forums, I was hoping that it could be locked somewhere under the power supply section so rather than people asking the same question over and over again, they can be directed to this free calculator. At the moment the “calculator” is restricted to the Gecko Drives and Stepper motors, I simply have no experience with other drivers or servos, my drivers are G203V’s and I’m not sure if this calculator will apply to others, so if anyone, especially the boys from Gecko could have a quick look and let me know if I’m just making a fool out of myself or actually helping anyone, I dont want to aid anyone in frying their drivers or motors (nuts)
    All constructive criticism is very welcome, also you will find that the “Current resistor” cells left blank at the moment as I try to figure how to use the 2008 excel properly.
    Thank you, Grebbo:cheers:

Please note that this is a “Beta” version, so I would wait till others have a chance to review and confirm that the information is actually correct before use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Version V1.2 of the calculator

the updated version of the calculator v1.2
    Attached Files Attached Files