586,082 active members*
3,917 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

machine fuse alarm!!!

I run a 1981 mazak v3,vertical milling machine.It has the GE/fanuc control.today at work my coolant was not comming on.I added coolant and still nothing.so I decided to put the air gun in the end of the coolant nozzle to blow the line out.keep in mind that the machine sat for 3 months before i did this.while i was doing this i forgot that the coolant pump was still running.this put a extra load on the pump and tripped the fuse.I need to know what fuse is blown.what cabinet is the fuse in?basically where to find the fuse so i can replace it.any help would be appreciated cause now i have to use a spray bottle for my coolant.thanks.

I would be surprised that you overloaded the coolant pump, unless it is the high pressure type, most are centrifugal pumps, and even if you block the pump outlet, that actually reduces the current.
    Anyhow, the fuse or overload is going to be in the main panel. It may be just the overload tripped which is on the coolant pump contactor.
    You should at least have service manuals or schematics, this make for much easier servicing.
    If factory fitted, there will be a designation label that identifies the contactor and O/L.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

thanks much for your help.maybe it will help me out with the boss.also if you know....I only have 8" of travel on the z axis(spindle travel).tool changing is a big problem cause nobody i work with knows how to use the dogs and the coding to reposition the head for a safe tool change.could you explain this procedure to me?it is a g-code machine.right now i have to setup the job so that I have a min. of 4" above the pc. with the longest tool so the arm will not hit.this is a real handicap with setups.on some jobs i will even have to change tools manually to do the job.