586,033 active members*
3,598 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Do i need a Vacuum Hold System

Hi

I'm new in the router world and I'm planning on buying a 4' x 8' router table and I would like to know If I need a vacuum system or not, I own a sign shop and most of the work I will be using the router for is cutting acrilic, pvc, aluminum etc. I was thinking in using a 1/4 pvc under the pice I'm goint to cut so i wll not damage the table bed, so I do not know if the vacuum will work for me or not or there is other way on doing this.

RCS

Usually spoilboards are MDF, cheap and its a porous material. If you use a vacuum pump it will hold the pvc down but not the material you're cutting. Buying a system is really up to you; preference because you have to decide if it will earn you the extra money. If you do a lot of thin sheet goods yes its probably worth it but I and my others find that leaving tabs or onion skins works fine and to just screw or clamp down the work piece.

Smile vacum table is better for wood engraving

even without vacuum table, the CNC router will equipe with the special clamp to fix the processing project. So the vacuum table is up your choice.
    Usually we put LDF under the processing project to protect the vacuum table when do cutting. Then you will avoid to cut the seal and will not lose the function of suction of vacumm table. See our machine clamp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wk1212-3.jpg  

You can also use pressure plates that mount on the spindle, they stop the sheet from lifting even when you do use a vacuum pump.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=22

Shannon.