Thanks for the welcome KOC62! I was here way back when Khalid first started talking about building a quilting machine for his wife but life got in the way and I lost track of this thread. I will do whatever I can to make this work. I still have an old small Melco EP1 that is essentially a sewing machine with X and Y for small hoops that might make a great test bed for this work. It was the first machine I bought when I started in embroidery and I run it off of a Premier board. Here's what the machine looks like:

Attached is pic of machine with board which also can run Melco EMC machines (I have an EMC-1 (single needle, single head) that has a bad board but is otherwise mechanically sound). I was going to rebuild it to sew a larger field for doing motorcycle jackets but then it started having issues. It would sew along just fine for a few thousand stitches and then suddenly launch itself to max speed until you had to shut it down. I think it would also be a good candidate for testing software/hardware. I also have a Renaissance machine (15 color) with a bad Y drive, a Brother BAS-416 (9 color) and a SWF/E-T1501C (15 color) that would allow us to test out different programming ideas like trimmers, thread-sensors, etc. All single head machines...

Mike