586,075 active members*
4,267 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Need Mastercam V9 Tutorial

Talking Need Mastercam V9 Tutorial

Does anyone have the mastercam v9 tutorial they could share Please?:withstupi

There's some free video tutorials on the internet. The thing is, they may not apply to exactly what you need to know. Go to http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com and register for the free videos there. You might find something that will be useful to you.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Try search on Google search.... last time I show a Mastercam V9 tuitorial in PDF download for free. I don't have the link, but I just want to give you idea where to find one.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

I have some brand new ones for sale. all V9
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

How much for the V9

9lrac9 Thanks...

what book are you looking for?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Did you ever find the tutorial?

I need this tutorial as well and can not find it online. Does anybody have suggestion(s) where I can locate it?

I am knowledgeable in cad, but new to cam software. I would need a tutorial to cover basically everything relating to everything from importing a file to outputting the G-code. It kind of hard to find a class on software so old, but maybe a video or online tutorial could be located?

Any help is appreciated!

Cadcam

I have all of Mike Mattera's MCam9 videos, bought years ago. Found them to be very good. I copied them to my computer so they can be pulled up quickly without fumbling with discs.
    I thought they were very reasonably priced.

We still have training for Mastercam V9.
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com/Mastercam_Products

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

Mike , Exactly why I posted the link. you make the best ones and you still are offering them.
    Cadcam

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I talked with mike today and the videos seem to cover what I need. Unfortunately they are like $300 for the set. Now if I was a business that cost is VERY reasonable.... but as someone who just wants to learn and mess around in their garage (who has a wife and 3 yr old as well) I will have to wait and save up to purchase.

Right now I am saving for the actual CNC machine (Black Toe from buildyourowncnc.com) although without knowing mastercam, or other cam program, the machine wont do me any good.
    There are also other things that I HAVE to purchase in order to get a machine running like another computer, mach 3 software, the actual router, all the tooling, etc etc… so yes I am trying to limit how much I spend to accomplish this. The “things” listed above are physical and have no alternative to purchasing them…. On the other hand, knowledge can be obtained in many ways… especially through the power of the internet.

The other thing I need to consider is that I plan to eventually use an ‘X’ version because of the much more user friendly environment it offers. Very similar to solidworks, which I know and have used for almost 10 years. So it makes it hard to justify spending $300 to learn an older program that I plan to upgrade in the future. I have watched some free videos about mastercam X and was thinking “Oh, this isn’t too bad, pretty intuitive as long as you understand the basics ideas behind what your trying to accomplish” Then I opened up V9 and “Oh Crap! This is nothing like X versions and not at all intuitive to me!”

Again, I am getting into CNC as a hobby to begin with, that will further my working skills as an engineer as well, and hopefully one day turn into a business and I appreciate the value of the knowledge to run this software. SO…. PLEASE don’t think poorly of me when I say that I am starting to think my best option is finding someone who knows mastercam V9 and is willing to teach me in exchange for solidworks training. I believe in supporting small business, that doesn’t mean I magically have money to do so. I guess there is also a part of me that thinks that in today’s information rich internet, that I should be able to find at least the basics out there somewhere in internet land, but all I find is videos on ‘X’ versions. Again, don’t judge me please!

Besides the obvious comment/thought of “just saddle up and pay for it” do you have any thoughts or suggestions on this approach? Trust me! I wish I could just cut a check and move on in life, but that’s just not a reality for me at this moment and with the lack of free information on how to use this program a barter or trade is my next best option.

Think/ say what you want about this approach, but atleast I am doing something to try and move forward with bettering my life. Rather than hopping the gov’ment will provide for me or that my shystie employer will magically decide to give me a better position or raise, so I can pay for this stuff! (by the way they wont pay for it because it does not pertain to my position here)

ONE LAST QUESTION…. What about an alternative to mastercam? I have that program from back when I was in college, but not the knowledge how to run it. Is there any CAM programs that I can utilize, which dollar for dollar would be a cheaper route? For example I found one called GSimple and it is FREE! I am gong to be cutting mostly starboard and it will all be basic shapes. Not even true 3-axis cutting but really more like 2.5 axis. (things like cup holders, rod racks, etc)

THANK YOU ALL for your help and hopefully you can look past the fact I am forced to go about this without the ability of just cutting a check. (aka trying to be “cheap”….LOL but at least I am trying to get it done rather than just saying “Oh well, guess I cant do that “ and giving up)

Another thought I had just now.... Is there anything against re-selling the tutorial videos? COuld I find someone who has upgraded their software and is willing to sell me their old videos for a discounted price.... or does that violate some sort of copyright? There are lots of things in this world that are copyrighted and people buy and re-sell to someone else. Would it be the same with this, or different for software / educational?

Thanks again for the help guys!
    Jason

If you already have Solidworks use the HSMexpress 2.5 It's free and runs right inside solidworks and has free tutorials at their website.

I understand completely. Keep in mind what I quoted you was a 2 CD set. You dont "need" both CD's to get started. You could get by with just this one if you only wanted to start learning toolpaths. V9 Mill 1 & 2
    It starts with an overview of the V9 interface, Toolpath environment and moves up to importing a solid model.
    Of course it's still $155.

Keep us in mind if you go to Mastercam X.

BTW: Just read your other post. If someone wants to sell you their used TFM Mastercam V9 CD's, I dont have a problem with it.
    As Long As It's Not a Copy/Bootleg.

Mike Mattera

I dont think the HSMExpress will run in his version of SWorks.
    But that would be a good alternative.

I have solid works 2007 so I don't think hsm will work with it.

I will keep looking for a used version of masterCam X and also start looking for someone who would sell me their old tutorial disk... Starting with fizzissist who posted he has them.

Post back with an update once something materializes.
    Thanks again for all the help!!

Snooknreds2,
    the HSMexpress will not work in SW2007 sorry.Also so you know you will not find a I will keep looking for a used version of masterCam X that will be for sale unless it is Bootleg.
    If you are talking about moving to Mastercam X series it will cost you a good penny. so be ready for that cost.
    Cadcam