586,082 active members*
3,826 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > TM-1P chips plug drain too fast

TM-1P chips plug drain too fast

When IO rough a large part Ifind that I am spending all my time clear ing chips from the drain. Is there any answer other than a conveyor?

Leroy

This happens to everyone, apparently even with the auger.

If you have the auger (which it sounds like you don't), US Shop Tools sells a device that sweeps the chips off the drain.

My VF-1 has a fitting on the side of the enclosure nearest to the drain. We rigged a line up from the coolant distribution block to this fitting, and then put a tee on it, with 3 loc-line nozzles coming off of it. point them across the top of the drain, and you can keep it clear enough of chips to not turn your enclosure into a total swimming pool. Doesn't work very well, but usually well enough to keep from having to stop mid program.

My biggest (and really only) regret is not paying the extra $1800 for the chip auger. It's such a PITA shoveling chips out of the machine.

I bought the Device for our Auger that you talk about from US Shop Tools and it was worth the $180.00 we no longer have the drain getting blocked. If you look through the posts I even have a link to a video of it working that I found.