586,069 active members*
3,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello All;

My name is Larry Alexander and I live in the island of St.Maarten in the Caribbean. I have the hobby of dismantling old printers and other electronic devices and I have gathered a lot of things I always see as being a gem in the rough. I guess I have a lot in common with my Dad who often took things what others consider junk and turn them into useful items. I joined this group because I want to be able to make useful things myself. I am interested in anything that a person with ambition and desire can make. I read old books and a lot of the things people needed long ago was selfmade , they did not run to a store to buy them. I am interested in building a helicopter flight flight simulator, making a lathe, cnc milling machine, model boats etc. I have posted some pictures of things picked up that was thrown away that I hope to be able to make a CNC mill/drill, and also a router. As I progress I will post pictures. Any advise given me will be greately appreciated as how I can proceed with this venture. Do any one make PCB's motor control. I would not mind buying a kit and spending the time soldering.
    Thank you all and it is good to meet you.

Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1265.jpg   DSCN1263.jpg   DSCN1268.jpg   DSCN1270.jpg