586,102 active members*
2,511 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Error Message

I keep getting an error message dialog box in regards to the tools coolant not being compatible or something like that when adding tools to my program from the tool manager. The error dialog box says something like my machine definition doesn't support the tools coolant. Any idea what the problem is and how to fix this?

What kind of coolant is it?Mist ,flood, through spindel?
    Maybe your machine choice doesn't support the one you are chosing.
    Stefan Vendin

Review picture and thought.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coolanterror.jpg  
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Jay, no it's not set like that. The check box is not checked for: Use tool's step, peck, coolant. Stefan and Jay, is there a setting that is causing this error message to occur in the Coolant Commands Tab under the General Machine Parameters? The exact error message is->Coolant settings for one or more tools are incompatible with this machine. Coolant for these tools will be disabled. I would like to get rid of this error message and keep the coolant enabled. Don't know if this will help but all of our machines are Haas and none of them have thru spindle coolant. All we use is flood coolant.

I never use the Mastercam tool manager. I just have a dummy part file that has all my tool definations in it and I just copy from there for all my part files. I don't like the software trying to "help me" very much. the so called expert systems tend to be wrong most of the time. Just my opinion.
    Be carefull what you wish for, you might get it.

Jrom you must only use the same tools all the time. you do not have to have the software try and calculate the feeds and speeds and there is much better ways then the way you are doing it. But you also stated it's your Opinion to.What version are you programming with?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I'm using 9 and they won't pay for the upgrade so I'm stuck. I guess you could say I'm a seat of the pants kind of programer. I look at the setup the material and the type of toolpath I want to run and then I just kinda know what feed and speed I want to run. As far as the tools, it's the simplest thing to import a tool from another part file. It takes no time at all. Yes I tend to use the same tools over and over. We have two Haas verticals a VF3 and a VF2 and I tend to have the same tools in the same slots on both machines. I always leave a few slots open incase something goofy comes along. But for the most part I try to keep things as simple as I can. You see know one touchs these mills but me and I like it that way! KISS.......keep it simple stupid. LOL When you have been doing this stuff as long as I have you tend to simplfie as much as you can and never get tricky unless you have to. I used to work with the best lathe hand I ever knew and the only tools you ever saw in his hand was a 6 inch caliper and a 10 inch cresent wrench! But he was an dead bang PRO on a lathe. I have cut full size race car body masters and tiny little parts for heart valve tooling and every thing in between so not too much throws me any more. Just waiting for the day when I can go fishing. Again sorry about the spelling.
    Be carefull what you wish for, you might get it.

Anyone have any ideas where to look to see what is causing this problem? Where not about to stop using the Mastercam Tool Manager and start using a template file.

Right click on your tool and take a look at the settings for coolant.
    Stefan Vendin

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui Seiki View Post
    Right click on your tool and take a look at the settings for coolant.
    Thanks. That works. Do you know if there is a way for a user to export the tool data to an Excel spreadsheet for mass editing? Fixing this tool by tool is going to be a time consuming chore.

Mastercam user ,there is more to this. I have never had a tech call for this issue. to think that it was just changing the coolant on each tool. it lies some were else.or there would be hundreds of calls for this issue.
    Review comments in picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails machine coolant.jpg  
    Cadcam

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercam User View Post
    Thanks. That works. Do you know if there is a way for a user to export the tool data to an Excel spreadsheet for mass editing? Fixing this tool by tool is going to be a time consuming chore.
    What exactly worked? you open the tool and now it is fine.
    all these things help to find the issue.
    Cadcam

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    Mastercam user ,there is more to this. I have never had a tech call for this issue. to think that it was just changing the coolant on each tool. it lies some were else.or there would be hundreds of calls for this issue.
    Review comments in picture.
    Jay, that check box is NOT checked.

Quote Originally Posted by cadcam View Post
    What exactly worked? you open the tool and now it is fine.
    all these things help to find the issue.
    I edit a tool and turn the flood coolant on. I then save it to the Library. When I add the edited tool no more error.