586,096 active members*
3,625 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Test of servo mitsubishi mds-c1-v2

Hi People,
    Looking for help on this topic:
    I need to check if the servo drive mitsubishi mds-c1-v2 is broken or not. My setup is:
    CNC MELDAS C64+sensor screen
    Servo drive Mitsubishi MDS-C1-V2
    Motor HC353BS
    Power supply MDS CV-260
    All this is not connected to machine.

So I decided to let it run in a jog mode.
    Here is what I do and where I got stuck:
    When I turn the power on servo goes to C1 state, and CNC shows error M1 operation error 101 (which means that operation mode is not selected).
    I can get rid of M1 error if I use PLC-I/F menu to set signal Y700 to jog mode for example. Then, if I set signal Y441 "Servo On" servo goes into D1 state (Servo Ready). Then I can set manual feed rate (Y774 for example) and select axis (Y44b). And I get a message M1 104 (external interlock). To release this axes I need to set couple more Y signals but C64 allows to set only 4 signal at a time, which I already used 4.

So my question is there any way around it? Or may be another approach to make the motor spin? Is there some kind of test mode?
    Will appreciate any suggestions.

It sounds like you have a C64 CNC system half mocked up?
    Do you have a PLC implemented etc?
    There are several conditions that have to be satisfied through the PLC.
    What is advisable as a minimum is a basic PLC model and then tailor it to your particular machine.
    Is this a new system? or a system you bought separate to the machine?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

No, PLC is not attached. The problem is that I do not have the access to the machine itself. I am trying to come up with a test set up to check if the repaired unit actually works. Machine works on a production line 24/7, so no way I can get my hands on it. All I want is to make the motor spin so I can be sure that at least basic control functions work before this unit is installed on the machine.
    And I am trying to kind of simulate the signals that come from PLC using PLC-I/F menu which allows to override actual PLC signals, the only problem it only can do 4 at a time
    Do you think it is possible at all?

Do the previously set signals return to their original state when you set more than 4 signals? If so, then your C64 already has a PLC program in it that is running. Note that the C64 has a PLC that is integral to it. If a particular signal is not being set by the PLC, then any signals you set through the PLC I/F screen will stay in the state that you set them. You may need to download the existing PLC program from the C64 (if you need to save it) and write a minimal program that you can test the drives with. Mitsubishi's offline PLC development software is called GX Developer.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by MetLHead View Post
    Do the previously set signals return to their original state when you set more than 4 signals? If so, then your C64 already has a PLC program in it that is running. Note that the C64 has a PLC that is integral to it. If a particular signal is not being set by the PLC, then any signals you set through the PLC I/F screen will stay in the state that you set them. You may need to download the existing PLC program from the C64 (if you need to save it) and write a minimal program that you can test the drives with. Mitsubishi's offline PLC development software is called GX Developer.
    Scott
    Yes, they do return to the original state when I change more then 4, so I have a PLC program running as you say. I'll try the software you mentioned. Looks like it is possible after all! I'll post the results whenever I try it. Thanks again for the hint.

You may need to download the existing PLC program from the C64 (if you need to save it) and write a minimal program that you can test the drives with. Mitsubishi's offline PLC development software is called GX Developer.
    Scott
    I looked at the GX Developer and couldn't make it see the C64
    via ethernet. Started digging more on parameters and found that 4 signals might be enough(interlock conditions could removed though base parameters).
    What I try to do is to run it in jog mode which is manual operation, isn't it that program is not running anymore when C64 under manual operation?
    So far here is what is happening:
    Using parameters I remove all interlock conditions and
    then I send two commands from PLC I/F to C64 1)"go to jog mode" (displays say I am in jog now) 2)"run" after it nothing happens.
    In the log I can see that that motion command is issued to the control axis. Any ideas why could that be?

Re: Problem Test of servo mitsubishi mds-c1-v2

Well don't know much about it.
    Great post indeed.

Alfa,

Check that you have the FEED AXIS+ or FEED AXIS- signal turned on as well as a manual feed rate.

I've attached a simple GX Developer project for a C64 that came from a lathe. I've stripped it down to just the essentials, hopefully it will help you.

Scott
    Attached Files Attached Files

Alfa,
    Check that you have the FEED AXIS+ or FEED AXIS- signal turned on as well as a manual feed rate.
    I've attached a simple GX Developer project for a C64 that came from a lathe. I've stripped it down to just the essentials, hopefully it will help you.
    Scott
    Thanks for the help, I'll try it on Monday.
    Probably dumb question but can I develop a project in GX Developer save it in a file and then transfer to C64 using flash card?

Btw FEED AXIS+ is on too, so I really don't see the reason why it is not moving (as I mentioned for the case of spindle it works just fine, i guess there is something servo specific), and no hint in the log screen too.