we recently got our Comet VMC 760 back up (10M control). All Parameters are in but the X-Axis is all goofy. It thinks X 0 is about 3/4 of the way short of where it should be. You can Jog the machine and it will stop where it thinks X0 is, but when you goto Zero the Machine out, it overtravels. Any Idea on why this could be happening? Y and Z are no problem at all.

Thanks

I am trying to change parameter 5210 X to try and override the problem, but I am getting the message Write Protected. The only reference is to change 8000 for Parameter Write Enable, but everything is write protected. Any ideas?

Ok, I got this from another thread:

This instruction I've gotten from smb. when taken out the batteries and lost all parameters ))).

You can't change 8000, because you bring up this parameter through "service" software key. Make the follows:
1. Put CNC to MDI
2. Press "setting" software key
3. Enter 8000 and press "INP-NO."; 8000 is displayed.
4. Set the PWE bit. CNC get alarm (it's OK). Now you are able to change parameters.
Then use the "service" software key to get access to any parameters.

Once I disable parameter 5210 X, I then got the soft over travel in Y, then disabled Y, then Z over traveled, once I disabled Z it homes out.

I really don't like the idea, but it works for now, and the original parameters weren't set this way... I just wish I knew why we had to do this, and any potential risks.

It took some heavy digging through the forums, but there is a alot of great information in here.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to such a great community. I am sure I will be back for more