586,106 active members*
2,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Other Machines > Engraving Machines > Dedicated Engraver Software.

Dedicated Engraver Software.

I am looking for suitable engraver software, - Has anyone here had any experience with the 2L engraver software?
    I did look at Bobcam, but this is not dedicated engraver/signwriting software, whereas the 2L software is.
    Any good leads for suitable software in this price range will be appreciated.

You don't really need a dedicated program to do engraving. I use Corel with my laser and it works fine. I am using Corel to create drawings for my cnc also, I just export them to Vcarve and "engrave" away. I know Vcarve pro is more than the 2L software but it does so much more and is very easy to use.

Gary

Thanks, at the moment though, I'm really needing "stick" or single line fonts - they appear to be a little hard to come by (from first impressions).
    I am going to use a Xylotex controller with Mach3 software, I also have Coreldraw etc. but I'm not exactly sure what else (if anything) I'll need to start learning the ropes.
    This is for a small retirement engraving business, so the dollars are important!
    Thanks again for your help, but any other info will be welcome

I looked at the 2L website. The red flag I saw there is that it only outputs G0 & G1 moves. Without G2 & G3 you will not get good circular moves which are much smoother than all G1 moves. I own VCarve Pro and I love it. So fast and easy to go from idea to part.

One thing I did forget is that I downloaded (and bought)a small program a while ago called DXF Tool by Cand CNC, this sits inside Corel and improves circular cuts immensely, using bezier curves instead of straight lines.

How much does V CARVE cost?

$599 and for me it was worth every penny because of the instant production value. I was up and running in minutes.

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectr...s/purchase.htm

Still haven't sorted out the single line fonts though, - they all seem to be capable of using TTF but there are only a couple of these that are actually useable for engraving and even these have their problems.

I have been using a small plotter type engraver (Roland) which uses HPGL as opposed to CNC and have found that most TTF are too wide as they work on outlines, this doesn't come out well when used with an engraving cutter.

Maybe I'm being a little cheap here, but even V Carve doesn't seem to offer these "stick" fonts, - maybe someone knows where I can obtain some to suit any or all CNC software setups.

Vectric Vcarvepro has single(and double and tripple) fonts built in. over 20
    In the words of the Toolman--If you didn't make it yourself, it's not really yours!
    Remember- done beats perfect every time!!

Thank you for that! - good clear answer!

The price is a little more than I expected, - but it does seem to be a popular choice of program.
    Seems I've got everything there without the need for addons, maybe that'll be best.

I wish these people selling their software would make the font capabilities a little clearer just for people who need a little education on the subject (like me).

Anybody with more advice? - it's always welcome!

Looking to see if anyone has used the 2L spring loaded engraving tool holder ,wanted to know how it works on uneven surfaces

Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    I am looking for suitable engraver software, - Has anyone here had any experience with the 2L engraver software?
    I did look at Bobcam, but this is not dedicated engraver/signwriting software, whereas the 2L software is.
    Any good leads for suitable software in this price range will be appreciated.
    Take a look at CNCWrite.com it might be what you need.