586,060 active members*
4,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > B-AXIS HARD OVERTRAVEL (+\-) IN MAKINO MC86

Smile B-AXIS HARD OVERTRAVEL (+\-) IN MAKINO MC86

Dear Friends,

Working on used Makino make MC-86 m/c with Fanuc 15M control.
    Initally, it was showing RAM Parity Error. Checked & found that all the m/c data washed out, Card no. A16B-2200-0120 was not holding the data even though batter was ok.
    Purchased a new card from Fanuc. I initialize the system with the help of 3 unique passwords used for Fanuc 15M with the same option bits But now it is showing "B-AXIS HARD OVERTRAVEL+\-". Tried another card of same type another m/c but the alarm is same.
    Can any body suggest any remedy for this problem. Makino use Fanuc Professional system.In this system you can not see ladder or plc data like other system.
    Can any gentleman tell me how to see the ladder or password to open its logic which is written in statement list?
    Thanks & Regards
    [email protected]

B +/- OT

While loading machine parameters no of axis required to define in Fanuc 15m,I think your machine is not nc rotary B axis but Pmc controlled axis.Put no of axis=3.

Shree
    [email protected]

Is the PMC system A or B? To view your ladder your must set your PWE bit and go to the PMC side. Under the keeprelays K17.0 should be set to 0 in order to view your ladder. And K17.7 to 1 in order to edit your ladder. This is on System A. If you have system A your ladder is burned in Eprom and will restore any changes made once you power cycle the machine. I have system A on 1 machine and system B on another. I believe the the keeprelays for viewing are the same. If not let me know I will go check and let you know.

cncrepairs might be onto something with the number of axis. If you go into IPL screen and type 99 and enter the passwords. It asks how many axis the machine is. You must enter the value that is in parameter 9002. Sometimes it throws you on how many axis you have. You can't always just count them input that amount.

Stevo