587,030 active members*
3,903 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

2000SY Centre

I have a Puma 2000sy and am looking to add a sprung loaded centre to machine longer components.Attached is a dwg of the centre which I have been sent.The idea is that the centre sits in the U-Drill holder until required and then is picked up by the sub-spindle and used to support the work then put back in the tool holder so that the parting operation can be done using the sub-spindle to hold the component.
    My problem is that there is very little information on the dwg to enable me to make this.

Has anyone ever made one of these ?.If so,the 2 main pieces of info I need are :

What is the clearance between the barrel and plunger and what kind of springforce would I need (which spring do I use),There is also an issue with the sub-spindle tripping out on a torque skip,but I think this is just an M-function (M86 ??? we'll worry about that later)

Thanks

Martin
    Attached Files Attached Files

MD Tooling makes what you are asking about for the 2000SY. You wouldn't necessarily have to use a spring loaded holder. You can use the machine's
    G300 torque control to handle the positioning and the applying of the proper load from the B axis to hold your long parts. Here is the link for MD Tooling's sub spindle removable tail stock attachment.

http://mdtooling.net/doosan/Advanced...DLE&SBCatPage=

You can read about the torque control in your Doosan Operator's Manual.

Thanks for that.Depending on the cost of the tooling and shipping to UK then I think I'll go for it.

Regards

Martin

Finally got a centre and gave it a spin today on a job,but didn't go exactly to plan.
    I tried the G300 but the m/c bombed out and I got an error message...."Part off failed".
    I went back to the manual and found an example using M86,this worked to some extent but on the last roughing pass the part started to vibrate,I noticed that there was a space between the job and the centre,(I think the centre had pushed back into the jaws even with 20 bar chuck pressure (?)next time I will put the centre into some stepped jaws to stop any movement in the Z+) So then I rewrote the program for the finish tool and job was ok.I think I'm missing something somewhere,Can any one shed any light on this or even better..post up a sample program ?.Below is the pgm I used....

Tool Call G54 etc.

G98
    G00 B-257
    M86
    G31 P99 B-280 F100
    M87
    G99
    G96 S200 M203

Start Finish Pass

Thanks

Martin