586,114 active members*
3,375 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

how to move the Z axis

I downloaded a program from a cad system into the mach 3 and it reads it pretty good know I know how to move my X axis and my Y axis on my keyboard with the little arrows but I cant figure out how to move my Z axis where do i go so I can move my Z axis so that way I can set my tools.

Page up and page down buttons
    OR
    use the tab button to bring out the mpg screen where you can use your mouse to move the axis
    Walking is highly over-rated

Quote Originally Posted by tauntdesigns View Post
    Page up and page down buttons
    OR
    use the tab button to bring out the mpg screen where you can use your mouse to move the axis
    thank you again it does work but to bring up th mpg I push the tab and it will not come up do you have any idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by cob View Post
    but to bring up th mpg I push the tab and it will not come up do you have any idea why.
    Pushing 'TAB' brings up the jog(mpg) box up in all screens on my Mach3 install.
    I looked around in the program for a setting and didn't see anything....

Maybe somebody will read this, who has had the same problem, and will know what to do.

Sorry I couldn't help more,
    Jack
    Walking is highly over-rated

MAXNC 10 - How do I get the motors turning?

Hi,

I just dug up a MAXNC that's been in storage for 10-15 yrs. Someone bought it and forgot about it. The OS was DOS, but that's long gone. How do I integrate it to Mach3? What parameters do I set? What port/pin settings have to be set? I was hoping someone has a procedure or something of the sort for doing this. I've looked at some of the videos, but most simply show the machine working, not how to make it work. This thing is pretty much brand new, no wear on the tracks or anywhere else.

Is there a better software for interfacing to this? I'm using Lazycam for the tool paths. The thing appears to be responding to the commands, but they seem microscopic. This is a closed loop system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Note: I called the manufacturer and they told me I can by MAX3 (maybe mach3) from them for $220 and that it has a small cad program associated. I'm assuming it's Mach 3 + LazyCam that they don't own, or do they?

Help!

rob I am not sure what you want to do but if you want your motors to work
    and you are using mach 3
    you basically go into (configuration), then choose (ports&pins) then you select (motor inputs), under x,y and z you make sure they have a green cheeck mark, then on the step and direction thats where you input what wires are connected to each motor.
    hope that helped.