586,058 active members*
4,449 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Wanted, one good Acroloop ACR2000 card

If anyone has one of these cards in known working condition, please contact me. I'm working on a new interface using a galil controller for my customers but at the moment it would save hassle if I can just buy one of these obsolete units.

I believe I saw one for sale in the For Sale site here last week, I have talked to the poster before and we have swapped some s/w.
    If it does not come up in the search, I will see if I can dig up his address as I believe he had a few of these, including the 8000 card which works pretty much the same.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    I believe I saw one for sale in the For Sale site here last week, I have talked to the poster before and we have swapped some s/w.
    If it does not come up in the search, I will see if I can dig up his address as I believe he had a few of these, including the 8000 card which works pretty much the same.
    Al.
    While the ACR8000 supports the same command set, it is also a pci based card and has digital I/O (5vdc) rather than open collector I/.O (0~24VDC) I'd have to create a daughter board to make it compatible and rewrite my ACR interface. It's all linux based. If I'm going to that trouble, I might as well use a different controller that is Netquirk based. Thanks for the pointer on the threads, though.

I have both the 8000 and the 2000 cards, all the 8000's I have purchased over the years are ISA bus and 24v opto output. The 2000's I have are 5v however, and also ISA bus, but I believe it was optional ISA or PCI for the 2000.
    I have always had a liking for the Acroloop because of the large I/O and the internal PLC's.
    I also have the AcroCut and AcroMill s/w.
    Al.

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    I have both the 8000 and the 2000 cards, all the 8000's I have purchased over the years are ISA bus and 24v opto output. The 2000's I have are 5v however, and also ISA bus, but I believe it was optional ISA or PCI for the 2000.
    I have always had a liking for the Acroloop because of the large I/O and the internal PLC's.
    I also have the AcroCut and AcroMill s/w.
    Al.
    It's funny how quickly I had a working solution to this problem. All I had to do was open my mouth on the issue. The ACR2000 was ISA bus and the next controller I use with be ethernet, at least so I can keep the interface the same for years to come, but on a seperate card from the network. My interface for any controller I use is direct to port communications as I like to make things work my way. ;-) My next controller will be the galil dmc-2143-dc24 with the interconnect module for just that reason. Thankfully, these threads stick around for a while.

Cool Wanted Acroloop 2000 and/or 8010

I was wondering if either of you have located any of the above boards for sale. I would like to purchase several and have not been able to find any. These are out of production I am told, but as you both state in this Thread they are a very useful board.

Thanks, Rick L.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    I was wondering if either of you have located any of the above boards for sale. I would like to purchase several and have not been able to find any. These are out of production I am told, but as you both state in this Thread they are a very useful board.

Thanks, Rick L.
    I do NOT recommend this board for new units, nor would I ever recommend any acroloop product. For hobbiest interests, that's one thing, but in the real world, I'm now going Galil, using their Network based interface.

Quote Originally Posted by joejared View Post
    I do NOT recommend this board for new units, nor would I ever recommend any acroloop product. For hobbiest interests, that's one thing, but in the real world, I'm now going Galil, using their Network based interface.
    I have found the opposite, I have two CNC machines running Acroloop, and have used the AcroCut for Plasma/gas retrofits.
    what is the reason for non recommendation particularly?
    Al.

Albert E.