586,103 active members*
3,438 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > EdgeCAM V12.5 anyone?

EdgeCAM V12.5 anyone?

Just received V12.5 in the mail and I was wondering if anyone has loaded it up yet. If so, has Pathtrace worked out the any of the bugs from V12? Anything that I should watch out for with the SQL Toolstore, etc? Thanks in advance for your replies.

The danish supplier is, sadly, slow times 2 to deliver, no 12.5 here

it's pity

been using it fore some time now... It`s ok, still some small buggs, like toolpaths disapering when using matrix mode (can be fixed by re-generating vectors), and no wireframe when moving solids with the "dynamic" option on... no biggies..

All in all I think it`s better than 12.0, no problem with SQL Toolstore update.

Exclamation Beware of Job Reports in V12.5!

Thank you for your replies.

I had a huge problem with the Job Reports portion of V12.5. After I remapped the location of the job reports pages (network drive), it automatically performed a purge. During this purge, Job manager deleted every Job Image for every job. This is horrible due to the fact that we use those screen shots for table set ups. Luckily the IT department performs regular backups of network data. We have over 2200 jobs in that database and the repairs could have been made into a full time job for someone. Since backing up, we only have a couple dozen jobs to retake the screen shots for. Planit has been contacted (by our reseller of course since they don't allow direct contact) about the issue and is hopefully working on a resolution. I am not holding my breath!

I had the same problrem i v.11.75 and 12.0, the job images disapered... but they was not deletet, i could get them back by doing the following:
    Open Toolstore and select a job (that containes job images), then you right click it and select job images. Here i could select the images fore that job, and after a new purge the images was back at the report...

The job images were no longer in the job itself. I did try looking there. As you could imagine, 2200+ jobs worth of that would drive anyone crazy. lol

oh man.. thats sh**t:violin:

I have never heard of not being able to contact planit themselves. I have on several occasions spoken to a programmer out at planit. Maybe your reseller wants you to go through them first.
    No matter how good you are, there is always someone better!!!

I have never heard of not being able to contact planit themselves. I have on several occasions spoken to a programmer out at planit. Maybe your reseller wants you to go through them first.
    I have not found a direct number for them. Every contact through the EdgeCAM website gets me a response from my reseller. I was never able to contact Pathtrace, but maybe Planit is much better with end user contact. I will give Planit a call. Thanks!

If I had my buisness cards with me I would give you the direct number to my contact but there at home. If you don't get anywhere let me know and I'll get it tonight.
    No matter how good you are, there is always someone better!!!

Edgecam, who is now owned by Planit, operates in exactly the same manner as when Pathtrace owned them. They are set-up for all support to go through the reseller. if the reseller is unable to solve the issue then they (the reseller) geso to Edgecam. Edgecam/Planit do not have the manpower to handle all support directly. Even if you call the Edgecam number, you will be directed to your local reseller.

Even if you get one of Edgecam Application Engineers cell numbers, they will just call the appropriate reseller and give them your number.
    Mike W.

I'm off to Planit's training centre for 4 days introduction coarse as my work has just bought EdgeCAM 2009 R1. so far they have been really good to deal with but then again they have been trying to sell us the product & some wireless DNC units. Here's hoping I can find help easier to come by as I'm a total newbie to CAM never mind EdgeCAM.

edgecam cost

how much is retail on a 3 axis milling seat of edgecam?
    thanks

I have no idea what price it starts at as there is various diffrent packages with different add on's, plus our product is for milling & turning plus we got 5 wireless DNC's. I only saw the price for what we bought.