Like any good engineer would, before I cut any wires to hook up my Miller, I made a wiring diagram of the original cable noting the locations of each wire. Then when I bought the Hypertherm, I also got new pin contacts for the original plug from Tyco Electronics and put all of the wiring back to what it was from DynaCNC.

I followed the Dyna 4000 manual for wiring the J15 and J16 connections and double, triple and quadruple checked that the wiring from the controller to the Hypertherm was correct. Everything is correct according to the manual.

The plug from DynaCNC has pins in the 3, 4, 5, 6, 12 and 14 positions of the connector. The Hypertherm has the female connections in the 3, 4, 12, 13 (chassis ground) and 14 positions. Then there are two wires from the DynaCNC cable (green/white and green) that connect to the J15 and J16 terminals on the Hypertherm board.

From what I can gather on multiple forums, the 3 and 4 positions of the Hypertherm have something to do with the trigger lockout. I'm not sure if it needs a jumper wire or what???

If it is as simple as a jumper wire I'll do it but I'd like to hear from others who have done it first before I make any connections.

mg