586,082 active members*
3,541 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Interactive App for MB-56?

Interactive App for MB-56?

I've written a few nice little programs for picking up parts on our MB-56, I can make the machine alarm out an alarm with a message to the operator using the programs input parameters, (a few macros in it's header). The problem is they all run in absolute... i.e., the operator already has to have set the parts XYZ zero within about .3", (these programs are designed to pickup every part in a production run.) To improve work flow, I am wondering if it's possible to build a set of "setup programs", in which the operator draws a dot about where a parts zero should be, (usually center top) point's the probe at it, and hit's GO. Rather than having to edit the program (and use absolute mode), the machine stops, and asks him for input, (i.e. a prompt shows up asking him how big the part is) and then he can hit go to continue.

I really don't know if I am unable to explain to the operators in my shop the programs i've written, or if they are trying to milk the clock, but I would like a better solution to how they are instantiating their work offsets (They always seem to be doing it the hard way), and I don't like operators being able to muck about in "private API's", the use of macros, as my programs exist, requirer me to let operators edit my programs).

Ok guys, this is what I came up with today, most of it seems to work, but I still see design flaws. I can't seem to figure how to make it probe in Z, and it would be much better if the probe was running in protected mode (so it fails safe if it hits a clamp or something). The program is for picking up parts that have longer lengths, than widths, and puts the origin at top center. It also checks for parallelism to the X axis.

Code:
    (***********************)
    (**INCREMENTAL PROGRAM**)

(LENGTH OF RAIL)
    VC1=31.1

(WIDTH OF RAIL)
    VC2=3.9

(REQ'D PARALLELISM TO X AXIS)
    VC3=.0007

(OFFSET TO BE SET)
    VC4=1

(***********************)
    IF [VATOL NE 31 ]NOPE
    M130 M127

G91 G00 X=-[VC1*.4]

(PROBE Y LEFTSIDE)
    CALL OO10 PMOD=12 PELI=VC2 PIN=.7
    CALL OO20 PHN=50 PY=0

G00 X=[VC1*.8]

(PROBE RIGHT SIDE) 
    CALL OO10 PMOD=12 PELI=VC2 PIN=.7
    CALL OO20 PHN=49 PY=0

(TEST)
    IF [ABS[VZOFY[50]-VZOFY[49]] GE VC3]NOUT

(SET Y) 
    VZOFY[VC4]=[VZOFY[50]+VZOFY[49]]/2

(PROBE X)
    G91 G00 X=-[VC1*.4]
    CALL OO10 PMOD=11 PELI=VC1 PIN=.7
    CALL OO20 PHN=VC4 PX=0

(PROBE Z)
    (CALL OO10 PMOD=3 PEI=???)
    (CALL OO20 PZ=.2216 PHN=VC4)

M131

GOTO NEND
    (ALARMS)
    NOPE
    G90
    VNCOM[1] = 3
    MSG(PROBE NOT IN SPINDLE)
    VDOUT[992]=1

NOUT
    G90 
    VNCOM[1] = 3
    MSG(NOT PARALLEL WITH X AXIS)
    VDOUT[992]=1

NEND
    G90
    G30 P11
    M2
    I don't have a manual for the probing system on our MB56, (does anyone have one they can share?). I would like to make it so rather than the operator editing the macros in the header, it just asks him for the same information, and he enters it at run time. (So I can lock the program, and he can't edit it) I also have no idea how to make the Z probe work, I pulled the Z section from another program that I run in absolute mode, and it does not seem to like incremental.