586,077 active members*
3,827 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam X3 new functions

Mastercam X3 new functions

I read that mastercam x3 in going to have true shape nesting standard on it anyone know of any other functions coming out in x3

Where did you read that?

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

I was talking to my local dealers and it will also machine directly on a mesh

like Visuall mill ....

very handy for scanned surfaces

Well if Michelle Nemeth wrote this info then it is true. I will test this thought and set see it these features works. I am testing X3 now.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Nesting should be included from the start with this package, most all router packages do this for the initial cost. Added fees and cost for software functions will kill a CAM company Mastercam is going to have to watch what they charge for. There dealers might have to pick up other products to sell when they take away sales on the features like this?
    How much for the feature based machining???? not sure if it worked for featureCam. Job security for the training department anyway new buttonsmore menus, more classes the dealers should like that. Build a classroom if you can't sell the product good money dealer training anyway.
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

Steve router does come with basic nesting for the entry and level 1 and true shape nesting in the Router Pro.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Does this mean is will be standard in Mill 1?

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

maybe in wire??? I have many times been asked why doesn't nesting come with wire.
    Steve
    www.cad2cam.net
    www.cad2cam.net
    Programmer/ Certified Cam Instructor

Ohhhh! That's a good idea. Very Good Idea.

Mike Mattera

Mike does your software offer nesting to all levels and moduals at no cost?
    Cadcam

As of recently, My software is Your software. I'm no longer an Edgecam Reseller (if that's what you meant). I just became an Authorized Developer for Mastercam.

But to answer the nature of the question... No, Edgecam does not have any form of nesting at all. Edgecam is owned by Planit and one of their divisions has some sort of nesting available. But there is no integration into Edgecam.

But you've gotta admit... Nesting in Wire is a really good idea.

Mike Mattera