586,096 active members*
3,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Need Help With CamBAM

Need Help With CamBAM

First off, I'm new to cnc machines and the associated programs. I'm currently messing around with the CamBam evaluation version and I have a nice file of of Les Paul but I can't create toolpaths or g-code for it in CamBam. I keep getting a message that says "WARNING! Machine ops not yet supported for CamBam.CAD.Surface". I have no idea what that means and I don't know if its the file or if its because I haven't done something correct. I'll attach the file that I'm trying to create a tool path for and just so you know I delete all layers except for the one part that I want to cut out which is the top piece.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello there,

The error message you quoted is reported by the 2.5D machining operations such as pocketing and profiling when a 3D mesh is selected.
    These operations are designed to work with 2D curves.

CamBam can work with 3D meshes using the 3D or 'Bas Relief' machining operations, as described here:
    http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index....pic,108.0.html
    and some notes on the very latest features such as front/back and mold making here
    http://www.cambam.co.uk/download/lat...ease-093d.html

3D support is relatively new compared to the 2.5D operations and better documentation will be appearing soon.

I hope this and good luck!

I did exactly how you described it in the forum but when i hit generate toolpath it stops responding... maybe some issues on my end. I might have to reinstall the program or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponchibego View Post
    I did exactly how you described it in the forum but when i hit generate toolpath it stops responding... maybe some issues on my end. I might have to reinstall the program or something.
    Are you using the free (0.8.2) version or the CamBam plus (0.9.3) version?
    The plus version has much improved optimisation and can work with meshes of 100k faces though the UI starts to creak which will be improved by a planned upgrade to an OpenGL soon.