586,100 active members*
3,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Dolphin CAD

Dolphin CAD

I am using Partmaster Level 3, I am new to CAD and am struggling with the CAD application. Specifically Complex shapes. Is there a way to proportionally re-size a part after it has been drawn? IE: I have drawn a part and I want it to be reduced in size by 10 percent, or if I want to reduce the X dimension by say 1 inch and have the Y dimension reduced proportionately. can this be done in 2D CAD? If not are there 3D cad applications that can do that?
    Thanks
    JP

Hi JP,
    The scale operation is what will work for this, and I use it fairly often. Select 'View' from the top menu bar, then 'Properties', and you will see the scale text box in the lower left hand corner of the pop-up window. Just change the scale to get the drawn part to the size needed. Hope this helps get it done.
    Regards,
    Wes

Thanks Wes, thats got it. I wonder if there are any 2D Cad or 2D drafting training courses out there that might help? I stopped at the Welders shop today. He's got the pieces for the Stand measured up but has not started welding yet. So it will be awhile before I actually get to cut anything. Good thing because my drawings need work. When the stand gets back I have to Fiberglass the "Tub", lift the mill in place and wire the electric. I will take Pic's along the way in case anyone wants to see them. The good news is I am not having any difficulty adding Toolpaths as you suggested. The piece I am working on has 16 Contours, the Simulation looks good but I will have to see what happens when I run it live! Will have to keep my hand near the Mouse!
    Thanks Again
    JP

Hi JP,
    I have not seen a complete CAD/CAM tutorial for Dolphin CAD/CAM. Many times if you run into a problem you can use the Help section of the program and you can find enough information to get bye from a search of the help section. There are some tutorials included with the Dolphin CAD/CAM program and also some on the Dolphin CAD/CAM website. They have even created video tutorials to help with particular questions presented in the forum. I always try to help if I find a question or problem here in the forum, but unfortunately I don't know everything about the use of Dolphin Partmaster so I am limited in that respect. Hope you're able to make some chips soon. I forgot what machine you have if you mentioned it before?
    Regards,
    Wes