586,055 active members*
4,257 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

4th axis removal

I cannot figure out how to remove my 4th axis from my VF2.. If I unplug the cables before powerup I receive an error that locks my machine because it cannot find my 4th. If I try to turn it off in the parameters it will not allow me to because "servo is on!"... Cannot find any info in my manual and nobody else at work knows anything about the machine... Teaching myself how to run it so any pointers would be helpful. Thanks! Michael

To quote from the Haas manual '....a fourth axis may be disabled from the Setting page and removed from the machine. Do not connect or disconnect any cables with the power on. If you do not diable the fourth axis when it is disconnected, you will get an alarm'.

It is Setting 30. Enter the Setting page, type in 30 and down arrow, scroll through the selections using right arrow and press write when OFF shows.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Hit the "e-stop" button to turn the servo off then change the parameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickerman View Post
    Hit the "e-stop" button to turn the servo off then change the parameter.
    No, don't change any Parameters , not needed.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

parameters.....my favorite....ummmmmmmmm

Before going on vacation, and just to make sure nobody screwed with the Mazak, I changed the language parameter to Japanese. Figured that someone would say something or be watching closely when I fired it up when I got home...

...darn. No takers. At least I was sure nobody did anything stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    To quote from the Haas manual '....a fourth axis may be disabled from the Setting page and removed from the machine. Do not connect or disconnect any cables with the power on. If you do not diable the fourth axis when it is disconnected, you will get an alarm'.

It is Setting 30. Enter the Setting page, type in 30 and down arrow, scroll through the selections using right arrow and press write when OFF shows.

Thanks for your help! This is what I was originally doing, Geof... Wasn't working for some reason... thats when I would get the "servo is on" error... Pushing the e-stop did the trick, in the end... Thanks Sitcker!