586,032 active members*
2,805 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 0M-C --- 914 Ram parity error

Fanuc 0M-C --- 914 Ram parity error

I have Fanuc 0M-C Control showing 914 ram parity error (servo). I was told to hold Reset and Delete button, while power on. I want to know, whether it will erase machine parameters. I may need to change backup battery. I will change it while power on. I want to know what data, I need to back up, in case of control memory gets erased. Can anybody give details ?

914 is axis card problem. Dont use Reset+Delete if you don't want to lose data. Just simple replace the good one, and you should backup NC parameter, PMC parameter (and maco/variable if they are available) before metting system error.

Thanks. In the master PCB, No red Leds glow. Only green Led glows. Earlier once when this error came, just power off and on helped. I want to know whether RESET & DELETE will help or axis card needs replacement. I do not have another card to test.

You shouldn't use Reset+Delete, it will erase all data in memory. You should borrow someone the axis card and backup data if you dont have spare one.

Try to take out the axis card and power on to write down NC/PC parameter. But I remember that system cannot boot without axis card.

Another way

One other way to write down data: alarm appears only when system ready. So you can keep in emergency state and press parameter/diagnostic key to write out data.
    If you can not put your machine in emergency, try to take out all axis connectors, the machine cannot ready without these connectors.

when you read all needed data, you can try to reset+delete. But I think the machine cannot run if you don't replace axis card.