586,119 active members*
3,439 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Simulator

Simulator

I have a part that gets cut off using a partoff tool then has some more work to be done. In simulator when it parts of it keeps the scrap side and clears the side that still needs machining is there a way to control this.
    No matter how good you are, there is always someone better!!!

Just got this from my distributor.

"Chris, I am going to assume in your statement you mean, Can you control which side of the part disappears after using a cut-off tool in simulation mode, If so there is no way to control it in simulation mode, although an enhancement has been requested for just this situation."

"The Parting Off Operation is used to separate the machined component from the stock." (Founded from help.) So if you have to do machining after that, you must use another operation/cycle. I thought that parting off operation is for bar automatic lathers ect.

Quote Originally Posted by koppis View Post
    "The Parting Off Operation is used to separate the machined component from the stock." (Founded from help.) So if you have to do machining after that, you must use another operation/cycle. I thought that parting off operation is for bar automatic lathers ect.
    Routinely yes that is correct. I work with 95% castings we have several parts that require a certian amount of the orginal cast to be removed its easier and quicker to part the uneeded part off then it is to turn to chips.

I also had this problem. The only thing that i found that helps is making your finished parts visible, so if there are multiple visible parts, even though your stock disappears, your parts is still there for a good visualization. the only problem is the old part is in your way for visualizing it.