586,321 active members*
3,562 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 3 123
    SS dust boot is not that good and it does not help much I found it was too in the way so I threw it away.

hi, these machines are very noisy, when you saw your demo the room was huge , i am willing to bet , that allowed the sound to dissipate . in a small enclosed area it would be unbearable. I have mine in a 3000 sq. ft shop and it is very necessary to wear hearing protection.

well to be honest and fair SS has been reasonable fair and diligent about helping with the many issues regarding their machine, i am in California and they have what is called the Lemon Law-which allows you to return a new vehicle if there are way to many problems with it , well if this thing would have been a car it would not be it in my shop right now.

maybe because you guys live closer and at least in the same time zone things are better for you, i don't know??

I have mine in about a 1,000 sq area certain materials or certain bits really scream and yeah it is nothing I would want in my house. not to mention remember the single or 3 phase power. residential areas will not have 3 phase power supplies to operate these.

I have had some issues but they where all operator and set up and calibration error. I have resolved them all and am generally happy with it.

these are only machines they only do what you tell them to do and they can't calibrate or corect themselfs. after I put the .03 shims in my machine is now square and accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by KustomKoncepts View Post
    My new SS the gantry is cocked and not true with over 1/8" off from side to side so it can't cut a square either to save its life they are just entry level machines
    Are you saying your gantry is racked?

I wonder if running a pair of ball screws instead of one in the center would help keep things square?

Page 3 of 3 123