586,119 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Haas Apps Please read

Today at work we had all our machines go down from low air pressure. All machines just a simple reset and go back to it, but one. One alarmed out in the start of a tool change with the SMTC. Holding both tools the recover screens helped a little but one thing you could please add is to the ATC instructions say it may take more then one press of the button. It took over 2 hours to figure out that each press of the button is a small degree. If we had known that the recovery out have been 10mins at most. Please add something saying each press is one degree or this may take several presses.
    I'm not lazy..., I'm efficient!
    HAAS GR-408

I would have to agree, the same thing happened to us the first time we had a tool changer problem.
    I find the Haas manuel to be lacking in detail in many areas

I agree, one I put a dial on the SMTC arm and saw it moved 0.015 with each push we were off the the races of push that damn button as fast as you can.
    As well I would like to see something added about the oil separator . One one machine (same day as the above problem) started spitting out a ton of pure coolant, turns out the coolant return was blocked inside the unit. Got to love those snot like coolant floaties.
    HAAS GR-408

When using the SMTC recover be sure to check the tool table. Using M13.16F software the table would update as if the tool change had occurred when it had not. This does not happen using M14.05B. I'm not sure what version they fixed this in.

Thanks Guys, I will see what I can do.

This will be added to the control and manual in future versions. Not sure when.

Quote Originally Posted by automizer View Post
    I agree, one I put a dial on the SMTC arm and saw it moved 0.015 with each push we were off the the races of push that damn button as fast as you can.
    As well I would like to see something added about the oil separator . One one machine (same day as the above problem) started spitting out a ton of pure coolant, turns out the coolant return was blocked inside the unit. Got to love those snot like coolant floaties.

What if you held the button down?

Holding down the button does nothing, You have to push the button for every single movement. On the VF11 I run it takes about 15 minutes to bump it around and about three to four wore out fingers hitting the button as fast as I can. THe first time it happened I called my boss and told him to do it, it was his $500,000.00 machine. After he got it done he asked me why it had happened, I told him it was because the air compressor is not big enough for even for just the 11 let alone the two VF4's and three or four guys using air grinders or it just might be big enough if you hadn't cob-jobbed the air line running into them, after all going from a 1 inch line down to a .375 air line just isn't going to flow much air!

Yeah you need that air for a reason. We have a guy how uses air blast and if one air compressor is down we are screwed
    HAAS GR-408