586,115 active members*
3,450 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

no spindle reverse?

I have a 1996 Mazak QT-20 with a T-Plus controller and can't get the spindle to cut in reverse mode. It has Mitzubishi controls and the NC # is 515LWY40X6. The Mazak Serial Number of the machine is 126067. My operator and I have tried a few things with no luck. It will turn in reverse when you push the reverse rotation fast key on the contoller, but we can't seem to get it in an auto program or an MDI program. We have gone into the tool data page and changed the rotation arrow, but it still runs in the forward direction. Are there parameters that may need changed for this to turn properly? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    Just a good ol' boy, never meanin' no harm.
    Joe

are you using G and M code or the Mazatrol programming and what have you tried so far?

JM

Still no reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by 337MPH View Post
    are you using G and M code or the Mazatrol programming and what have you tried so far?

JM
    We have checked the parameters with other machines. We have tried to right a program with g-code format. I am the maintenace guy, and my programmer/operator says that this is the only machine out of 22 that will not reverse the spindle rotation. Again, he has tried to change the arrow in the setup mode and also tried G & M codes. It does run in reverse when not in auto mode, using the quick key on the panel, but this doesn't help for automatic cycles. He has programmed it for forward and reverse rotation with M Codes, but in auto, it always turns forward. Still looking for answers.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoBwan View Post
    I have a 1996 Mazak QT-20 with a T-Plus controller and can't get the spindle to cut in reverse mode. It has Mitzubishi controls and the NC # is 515LWY40X6. The Mazak Serial Number of the machine is 126067. My operator and I have tried a few things with no luck. It will turn in reverse when you push the reverse rotation fast key on the contoller, but we can't seem to get it in an auto program or an MDI program. We have gone into the tool data page and changed the rotation arrow, but it still runs in the forward direction. Are there parameters that may need changed for this to turn properly? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    Try with run M code in MNP and see if it work..... if it does then call your dealer ask for parameter....
    The best way to learn is trial error.

No Reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by newtexas2006 View Post
    Try with run M code in MNP and see if it work..... if it does then call your dealer ask for parameter....
    Hey Tex,:
    I opologize for being ignorant on this, but I dont understand what you mean by "Try run with m-code in mnp"? What is mnp?? Could you give me a sample program that should work? My Mazak knowledge is pretty limited.
    Joe