586,096 active members*
3,808 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What happened to the Churchill thread?

As the title says.It was here yesterday the 16th.Now it`s gone and when I look in my replies it`s not there either.
    Mark.

It was a quadruple post so I guess yours was one that got deleted, this one remains to reply to
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...129#post464129
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Kind of pointless deleting the post that had a reply.

Wern't me. I just reported it.

But usually when multiple posts are made, the one most relevant to a particular forum is left.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Probably my mistake. I'll blame it on jet lag. I moved the reply to the remaining post. Sorry about that.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Doesn`t seem to matter anyway.Another one of these guys who posts his problem all over the net and never comes back to look at replies or report the outcome.Might be handy for someone wanting Churchill info who didn`t know they still exist.
    Mark.

Problems with Churchill HC 4/10 Lathe (FANUC 10TF Control)

Hello. I own a Churchill HC 4/10 Lathe and for the last year i've been trying to fix it... It worked fine when i bought it, but then suddently it stopped working. I've been trying to fix it since then and finally i had to change the variator and when it seemed it's working again, the X- axis overtraveled and "jumped off" the limit switch. On the screen there is this message: 0T007 X + Overtravel (Hard). Can you please help me with this issue? What does the message mean and how do i fix it? Thanks!

The message means the X axis has run into the end of travel limit switch.This could be because it did not see the first limit switch which tells it to look for the reference pulse.Find the wires coming from the first switch and see if the switch contacts open when the roller is depressed.It may be a parameter thing but I`m not sure how the 10T is set up.I can`t tell you the terminal numbers as my machines have GE2000 controls.Electrical drawings will be available from BSA.Contact details for them :-
    www.bsamachinetools.co.uk

What do you mean by variator?If it`s the servo drive it will need set up and that info will also be available from BSA.

Mark.

I do have the schematic drawings. The machine is in hardware overtravel, because when i turned it on, the traveling speed was to high and the X axis didn't stop when it had to and overtraveled.. I can't jog any axes. By "variator" i meant the Contraves drive.

Churchill Lathe - Fanuc 10T

Ok...I managed to fix the lathe, but i still encounter some problems on the way...Today, when i tried some functions on it, it seemed that the machine works whenever it "wants"... I inserted the code "S500 M4" for spinning the spindle, in MDI mode, and it didn't do anything... I inserted the code again and again and one time, it worked and the spindle started spinning. After that, i inserted the same code again, but i got the message "EX04 COMPONENT NOT CLAMPED" and "EX001 INVALID M CODE"... Wich component is not clamped? I don't understand the message...
    And another thing...When i turn on the machine, i get a very quick message, but i can't read it, because it dissapears after less that a second...I managed to read the begining of the message...It begins with "EX005"...What does it mean? Thank you for your patience to read my messages and to reply.

You have to MDI an M code to tell it to close the chuck,even although the chuck may be already closed.This is because Churchill do not use proximity switches on the drawtube.
    Mark.

Ok... The machine works fine now...Do you know what does the button "POSITION RECORD" do? I couldn't find any explanation of the button's purpose, anywhere in my manuals.

Do not have that button on any of mine.Sounds as though it could be a "reset zero" or something for stopping in the middle of a programme to check the tool or dimension and be able to return to where you were.An email to BSA should get you an answer.
    Mark.

Hello again. I managed to fix the old problem with the Churchill lathe, but now i have another problem. The lathe worked fine for a few months now, but today, one of my colegues didn't pay much attention when working on the lathe and one of the tools broke. When trying to move the Z axis manually, i get the alarm message: Z Sv overtravel. Even if i turn off the power and reset the Contraves, when i turn it back on, i get the same alarm messege. What can i do to fix this issue? Thanks a lot!

Because it`s a 10T it will be a different procedure from my machines.A cheating way is to identify the wires going to the limit switch at the terminal block and short them out.You would then be able to feed back of the switch.Remember to remove the short or you won`t have an overtravel switch the next time.
    Mark.