586,103 active members*
2,878 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 6m M06 Problem

Hi
    I have a Okuma Howa 5va with a Fanuc 6m Control. OK here’s my Problem If you command a M06 it will not change the tools, the tool carousal will get the tool ready but it will not change out the tool in the spindle On the carousel there is a digital readout that flashes alarm 93, In the manual it states that it has a sequencer that controls the changer and other functions, under alarm 93 it says that it’s not seeing zero return/ atc limit switch. If you look at the sequencer it has LED lights on it for the inputs , I traced the wire back to it and when you cycle the switch one of the LED’s change’s state, the sequencer is sourcing 5+ volts to the switch then to ground. Ok now if you go into the diagnostic screen and change 079 to 00000100 The ATC light will come on and then it will Change tools ( 079 2nd Reference point completion ZP2Z ) Some of the other things It will not do are G27 G28 G29 also it wont rapid back to Z Zero for a tool change. I’m still waiting for a wiring schematics from Okuma, so I don’t know what to test next to see if it is in the Sequencer or if there is something else wrong . Basically something is not telling it to rapid back to home. I don’t have any alarm code’s on the Control. So if anybody can give me any ideas on what to try next. Thanks

6M tool changer rules

Dear Sir
    please check all this point
    1- machine Ref. point return its ok ? including tool chnager mechanism ? it means machine can find T1 or not ?
    2- after that when you want for example t11 in MDI ( just T11 not T11 M06 ) machine going to find and locate this tool corectly ?

3- if say yes for all above mention this means you must check others thins such as park position , pot empty signal ,...gripper open close ,... the best way if you have M06 sequence in your machine manual please consider to section by section from chnging the tools for old one to new one ...

i thinks this just for some proximity switch or micro switch of this system now out of working or tunning ,..its not problems of control system . check the I/O ...

good luck
    F.Sharifi

I was able to get it to work by entering in G30 Z0.0 Txx M06 in the MDI I don't know if thats the way they want it on this machine or if something is missing in the M06 macro

please check the Subroutine program for M06 is ok not ? you allways can fimd somethins like that in your Machine tool builder book

Okuma-Howa

Quote Originally Posted by 69owb View Post
    Hi
    I have a Okuma Howa 5va with a Fanuc 6m Control. OK here’s my Problem If you command a M06 it will not change the tools, the tool carousal will get the tool ready but it will not change out the tool in the spindle On the carousel there is a digital readout that flashes alarm 93, In the manual it states that it has a sequencer that controls the changer and other functions, under alarm 93 it says that it’s not seeing zero return/ atc limit switch. If you look at the sequencer it has LED lights on it for the inputs , I traced the wire back to it and when you cycle the switch one of the LED’s change’s state, the sequencer is sourcing 5+ volts to the switch then to ground. Ok now if you go into the diagnostic screen and change 079 to 00000100 The ATC light will come on and then it will Change tools ( 079 2nd Reference point completion ZP2Z ) Some of the other things It will not do are G27 G28 G29 also it wont rapid back to Z Zero for a tool change. I’m still waiting for a wiring schematics from Okuma, so I don’t know what to test next to see if it is in the Sequencer or if there is something else wrong . Basically something is not telling it to rapid back to home. I don’t have any alarm code’s on the Control. So if anybody can give me any ideas on what to try next. Thanks
    I hawe same problem.Could you help,please?

Quote Originally Posted by martinvavra View Post
    I hawe same problem.Could you help,please?
    is notimportant that you have proper voltage on the wire for the input ,..in fanuc system you need to have voltage for input that has been confirmed by means of diagnostig 0 or 1 ,..then if you need to have change diag 079 from 0 to 1 for complation of Z2P second ref point ,..its needs to check for section input ,.. not in fanuc generaly in CNC control ATC activated after ZERO complation and confirmed by plc not cnc ,..

ATC M06

Hello,
    Thank you for answer!

1, If I input to machine G30 Z0 parametr diagnostic 079 – 0 it changes on 1.It is O.K.
    2, I input to machine G30 Z0 the switch Ls 19(ref.point ATC) cable terminal 116 and 119
    it is O.K.
    3,But I input to machine G30 ZO cable terminal 80(i tis not the voltage) and 324 it does not appear led 21(point ATC) in the board HC 73800. It does not appear kontrol ATC (PL3) on operation of panel (MDI) too.

Could you help me, please?