586,105 active members*
3,297 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > New V22 Patch on the way
Page 7 of 7 567
    Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    The update has been released. You can view details of the release on the BobCAD support forum. The following link will take you to the updates page where you can view the release notes as well as gain access to the update files: http://www.bobcadsupport.com/forum/s...5061#post15061

Regards,
    Chris R.
    I wish there was a "and the crowd goes wild" emoticon.
    Just when I was starting to become impatient.
    Chris,
    Hint: let sales know that the patch has been released.
    They have been acting as if they haven't a clue as to what I am talking about.

Woo-HOOO!!!!!!!

I see there are still some issues but for what it is worth. THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by rando View Post
    Chris,
    Hint: let sales know that the patch has been released.
    They have been acting as if they haven't a clue as to what I am talking about.
    Yes please - it's as if your sales people don't work for BobCAD. - Or even read about it in the forums. They counter many of the things you say. I don't care what the truth is - I just want to know which story IS the truth.
    bgraham111
    www.lightningrobotics.com and www.sallysgeckoranch.com

Still broken...

It hangs up and stops responding instead of just crashing with my ornate pockets. I've tried the lace zig-zag, and the offset pocket out. It doesn't matter, it just freezes up.

<sigh>

Don,
    I sent you a PM with my e-mail address. I'll take a look at your file if you want. I'll see if it crashes in my system with the new patch.

The new added features are a nice update. If they work properly it is a nice step forward.
    Now if they just would let us choose any tool for profiling and not be forced to use an endmill that would great. This is really nice for deburring/chamfering your part in the machine. I usually use a 90° split blank and profile using negative stock in other cam programs. It breaks sharp corners really nice and gives the finished part a complete look and saves a lot of time deburring.
    Mike
    [email protected]
    www.hessemachine.com

Thanks for the effort.

I just wanted to say thanks for the effort. It solved alot of the problems I was having.

I have contacted tech support with the new glitch it created. I will post later with details after I talk to them. I want to make sure I am not just missing something.

Again, Thank you all for the effort. It seems functional again.

David

I just purchased v22 Wednesday will the cd include the update? Or will I still need to download it?

Follow-up

Get this..... I actually got a phone call from BobCad (Chris) yesterday to help me with my issues.... as it turns out, the biggest problem was the old video driver on my laptop. After finally finding a new driver and getting it installed (long story...wasn't easy) it seems to make a world of difference in the performance of the new V22 update. It actually seems to be able to make pockets on small ornate inlays that I wasn't able to do before. Looks like the new patch actually works.

I would publicly like to say thanks to Chris and the BCC engineering team who seem to have actually done the job of fixing some things. They know that there are more things to deal with, but at least they have posted a list of those things and work-arounds for them. Nice job guys...you deserve some much needed thanks and kudos. Y'all have taken a lot of abuse from us here, and I figure it's about time you got a "thanks" instead.
    :cheers:

Don Williams

I downloaded the new patch/version yesterday the first thing it did was freeze up after a few times it seemed to do ok but seems a little slower at posting toolpaths? I am going to request a cd from them just to make sure it is not my download.

Unhappy Starting over

I am currently wiping out BobCAD from our system. I am going to re-download and re-install from scratch.

The Auto tool number function isn't working.
    If I recompute a tool path after a change, it adds the tool tip compensation back in.
    The option to program by feature or tool is messed up. If I bring in the same tool later, say after a flip, it posts it where the 1st instance of the tool was.
    If I say program by feature, it does 1st tool and that is it.
    There is an option to set defaults for dimensions. After setting defaults, system ignores them when I go to dimension something. Defeats purpose of defaults.

All of this has been turned into support. The response, They recognized as an issue, sent to developement and closed my support ticket. Getting very close to time to punt.

It was a good try, but kind of fell short for me. The whole moving all the tools up to one spot is what is disconcerting to me. Am I the only person in the world who flips a part and calls in a previous tool? Maybe I am.

Quote Originally Posted by highspeedmazak View Post
    I downloaded the new patch/version yesterday the first thing it did was freeze up after a few times it seemed to do ok but seems a little slower at posting toolpaths? I am going to request a cd from them just to make sure it is not my download.
    I didn't have the best of success with the patch, and so I downloaded the whole new program. It worked much better for some reason. I've also noticed that it is slower at toolpaths , but at least it's not crashing like it did before. I can handle "slow".

That didn't work for me. I am able to work around all but the 2 problems below. The Defaults are no biggie, but I think the tool posting is a deal breaker. I tried 2 different posts, plus the one I set up for my machine. It just doesn't matter. Is anyone else seeing this problem?

The option to program by feature or tool is messed up. If I bring in the same tool later, say after a flip, it posts it where the 1st instance of the tool was.
    If I say program by feature, it does 1st tool and that is it.
    There is an option to set defaults for dimensions. After setting defaults, system ignores them when I go to dimension something. Defeats purpose of defaults.

Time to open this back up. Bobcad still shuts down alot.

I still have the problem where it leaves material when pocketing. I can take care of it by going to the zig-zag or by using a lower percentage of step over, but then the part takes longer to make.

I still crash every 15-20 minutes.

I save every two moves, but it is still frustrating. The silver lining is that I get natural pauses in my work when I reboot...Takes away the strain of looking at the monitor.

I have a relatively new computer <1year old, so I doubt it is the system. Still, if there is anything else that would make it crash less I would love that

Page 7 of 7 567