586,103 active members*
3,650 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Techno CNC Help Please!!!

First off, please forgive me if this is not the right place to post this.

I have a nice little cnc table, motors and controller that I need help with.
    The only experience I have is that I built the JGRO CNC Machine and built the Hobby CNC board kit all from plans found on this site.

I know nothing about this setup but what I want to do is to control it with my current Mach 3 because software I bought for the JGRO project.

Can someone please help me in the right direction? I took a bunch of photos to help.

Thank You
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0316.jpg   DSC_0318.jpg   DSC_0319.jpg   DSC_0320.jpg  

DSC_0321.JPG   DSC_0322.jpg   DSC_0323.jpg   DSC_0324.jpg  

DSC_0325.jpg   DSC_0326.jpg   DSC_0327.jpg   DSC_0328.jpg  

DSC_0329.jpg   DSC_0330.jpg   DSC_0331.jpg   DSC_0332.JPG  

DSC_0333.jpg   DSC_0335.JPG  

I just finished my fifth and th Techno esel retrofits. I looked at your pictures and you have the stepper motors. For both customers I custom built a 3 axis control unit that operated the brake and runs the three stepper motors. The existing drivers that Techno used look like old fazsshion bipolar drivers that were sunbect to stepper motor resonance. The control unit I built for these guys used burnout prooof G203 step motor driver with a charge pump for the two relays. W
    What I did was to have the customers ship me their stepper motors and cables for the motors. I then made adapters that work with my control but or can be removed and used with the xisting box if there are any files that must be maintained there. I use mach3 and provided the config files. So far each of my customers were delighted with the new system especially because it eliminates that archane cnc control lauguage that Techno used.
    If interested ina retrofit which is far cheaper than the one that Techno sell contact me at [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    First off, please forgive me if this is not the right place to post this.

I have a nice little cnc table, motors and controller that I need help with.
    The only experience I have is that I built the JGRO CNC Machine and built the Hobby CNC board kit all from plans found on this site.

I know nothing about this setup but what I want to do is to control it with my current Mach 3 because software I bought for the JGRO project.

Can someone please help me in the right direction? I took a bunch of photos to help.

Thank You
    Steve

I think I was Dan's 5th Techno customer, go with what Dan said. I sent him my motors and he sent back the motors with the controller. He walked me through every step, he knows his stuff. my Techno is now a nice modern machine using Mach3. Techno want over $4K to do what Dan will do for alot less.

Dan is great to work with
    -sam

I just got the word from my 6th retrofit froma guy that builds Guitars that his retrofit is running great. He said that it is much smoother and quieter than the stock techno controller.

Dan Mauch
    www.camtronics-cnc.com
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by windsors View Post
    I think I was Dan's 5th Techno customer, go with what Dan said. I sent him my motors and he sent back the motors with the controller. He walked me through every step, he knows his stuff. my Techno is now a nice modern machine using Mach3. Techno want over $4K to do what Dan will do for alot less.

Dan is great to work with
    -sam

Camtronics is definitely the way to go for controllers.

Dan,
    what is the story with the scanner on your site? Do you sell these? Are they In stock? I'm running mach any compatibility issues?

I just wanted to chime in with another endorsement of Camtronics. Dan just converted my Techno machine and did a great job. He even sent the Mach3 xml file, so everything is all set up without headache. Couldn't be happier.