586,103 active members*
3,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 6 of 7 4567
    I used to go out with a girl who's surname was Spelling.

Since we weren't married, would she be a Miss Spelling?

Gods, I got to get more sleep lol, bloodshot eyes, been here since dawn and there's not enough hours in the day to even sweep up the swarf (chips, to my Amercian friends).

Getting back on topic: does anyone actualy care if global warming is real or not? I mean what's the worst that can happen. Erm, you die? so what. Better than machining for the next 20 years lol.
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Long time reader, second time poster...
    I hope this is a good place to post this...

I've been researching different CAM programs that I might want to purchase. One of them has been Bobcam. I wasn't going to consider V22 until one of the sales people offered it to me at an incredible price.

I told him that I wanted to wait and see how well the program was reviewed after the patch was made available. An except from his response is below:
    I really don't understand what you mean about a Patch that will create a Fix. I wasn't aware that they were any bugs in our New Version 22.
    This is from a sales person at this company:
    Sales Account Manager
    Bob CAD-CAM Inc.
    International: 1-727-442-3554 Ext. XXX
    Phone: 1-877-262-2231 Ext: XXX
    Email me: [email protected]
    Visit us at: www.bobcad.com
    Fax: 1-727-442-9264
    Is this the same company? Do I have something confused?
    I just want to make sure.

I left out his name since I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, but if this is the same company... wow.

Most certainly sounds like the same company we all know. Try asking an actual technical question to a sales guys there. Seems all they know how to do is "SELL", not help.

Quote Originally Posted by ImanCarrot View Post
    Gods, I got to get more sleep lol, bloodshot eyes, Getting back on topic: does anyone actualy care if global warming is real or not? .

back on topic ?, sure it's the it's the lack of sleep causing the bloodshot eyes ?
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Quote Originally Posted by bgraham111 View Post
    Long time reader, second time poster...
    I hope this is a good place to post this...

I've been researching different CAM programs that I might want to purchase. One of them has been Bobcam. I wasn't going to consider V22 until one of the sales people offered it to me at an incredible price.

I told him that I wanted to wait and see how well the program was reviewed after the patch was made available. An except from his response is below:

This is from a sales person at this company:

Is this the same company? Do I have something confused?
    I just want to make sure.

I left out his name since I didn't want to get anyone in trouble, but if this is the same company... wow.

Ha Ha let's see the spin on that one.......
    ----------------
    Can't Fix Stupid

They spun it poorly.

He said the sales guys aren't told of issues or future developments of the product. That's either a lie or a very poorly run company.

We asked about a manual, he said there was a full manual. When pressed, he said it was the online help file, and not actually written out.

I don't know - is this program and company worth the low cost?
    bgraham111
    www.lightningrobotics.com and www.sallysgeckoranch.com

Hmmm: depends on how you valuate yor time. For some people needing to hammer on Gcode to bend the "will" of the software is acceptable. For some (my category) I prefer to concentrate on making the part....

Google: caveat emptor (Ok, it means buyer beware)

Famous old saying: "Some people know the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Always,always get the demo version and run it through it's paces before putting any money down. If it does not perform to your satisfaction, move on to the next one. I never ever take the word of the vendor that the "bug" will be fixed by a patch that will be out soon.

regards
    ----------------
    Can't Fix Stupid

Cool Other Cam Products

Have you given OneCNC a thought,? This has worked well for us.

Thumbs up NEWS FLASH

Quote Originally Posted by cam1 View Post
    I never ever take the word of the vendor that the "bug" will be fixed by a patch that will be out soon.

regards
    Note for all, This will be the 16th "PATCH" in 16 months, do you really think this
    one will fix it, be honest 3 strikes your out !! Its way beyond that point, Besides coming to a phone call soon, Hey would you like to UPGRADE to our NEW V23 Sales and Gimmicks. If you belong to the "CULT" this is acceptable, NOT for ME !!

Regards
    "I'll keep my gun, my ammo, my money, my freedom and you can keep the "CHANGE" !

Quote Originally Posted by HemiCuda View Post
    Have you given OneCNC a thought,? This has worked well for us.
    I have always thought about OneCNC but the Price holds me back a bit, considering Visual Mill 6.0 Pro with up to 5 axis indexing can be purchased for $3,395 plus maintenance. It's a larger investment than my previous software but since switching to Alibre Design I can see why spending more is worth it.

I guess it's time to sit down and do some homework.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

I gave up. The sales guys was making excuses and stretched the truth to make up for shortfalls.

Bummer too, because "I want to believe"
    bgraham111
    www.lightningrobotics.com and www.sallysgeckoranch.com

Quote Originally Posted by bgraham111 View Post
    I gave up. The sales guys was making excuses and stretched the truth to make up for shortfalls.

Bummer too, because "I want to believe"

I still believe, but this is going to take a long time, and by then I will have another CAM Software.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Just imagine how many people do not even know about CNC Zone. They're are thousands that got ripped off by this scam. Some paid $2,000.00. Some probably paid $2.00. Doesn't matter. A penny spent is a penny lost if it is useless.

Yes, this is the harsh reality for some.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Has anyone ever checked they're BBB track? That probably isn't too pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by harley4ever View Post
    Has anyone ever checked they're BBB track? That probably isn't too pretty.
    That is a good idea. I wonder if anyone has run a check with the BBB.
    Maybe you can check Dunn&Bradstreet too.

The Net Rules!!!!
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    That is a good idea. I wonder if anyone has run a check with the BBB.
    Maybe you can check Dunn&Bradstreet too.
    Well your at it call the PTA....Bobcad will sell to a school....I can see it now... a Bobcad salemans going from bus stop to bus stop... telling the kids.... "Hey it is only 5 weeks of your lunch money here we're talking about"..."But look what you could learn to do with our software"....

BBB You have to remember Most Don't Call !!!

Customer Experience

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The BBB processed a total of 12 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 12 complaints closed in 36 months, 8 were closed in the last year.

Sales Practice Issues BBB Definition:

Sales Practice Issues - Claims of alleged sales presentations made in person or by telephone that contain misrepresentations of the product or service, high pressure sales practices, failure to disclose key conditions of the offer, and verbal representations not consistent with written contractual terms or agreements.

Resolved BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.

1 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.
    the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.

Repair Issues BBB Definition:

Repair Issues - Claims of alleged incorrect diagnosis of a problem, delay in completion of repair, or inferior workmanship.

Resolved BBB Definition:

1 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues.
    the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to the BBB.

Service Issues BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.

Resolved BBB Definition:

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.

Guarantee or Warranty Issues BBB Definition:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

Resolved BBB Definition:

1 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    Administratively Closed BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution

1 - BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Refund or Exchange Issues BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services.

Resolved BBB Definition:

3 - Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to the BBB.
    Administratively Closed BBB Definition:

Administratively Closed - The BBB determined that the complaint could not be satisfactorily settled using standard methods of voluntary dispute resolution

2 - BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
    1 - BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.
    1 - The parties could not provide sufficient information to support their positions nor were they agreeable to make reasonable efforts toward resolving the issues of the dispute.
    "I'll keep my gun, my ammo, my money, my freedom and you can keep the "CHANGE" !

What a clumsy company!!!

Swag,

That coaster you use is absolutely the funniest thing I have seen in a LONG time.

Page 6 of 7 4567