Hi,

I have been using a Microlux miniture mill for a couple years now. has not been to bad considering the price I paid for it, I have learned alot with the unit......but, as I am sure ya'll know, it is not the greatest machine. want drives me nuts is the "Wobble" if I use the handle on the wheel, or is there something I need to tighten up? I did get this unit used.

I am looking at getting something a little large but still in the Benchtop range. I was looking at the Jet JMD-15 with DRO, the JMD 18 with DRO is at my high end....would love the JMD-18 with DRO and power feed, but don't think I could swing that much......I would be about in the CNC Mill price range by that point...

Well, after doing a bit of reading on the site (great site by the way), I am having second (and third) thoughts about that choice. I would love to eventually convert over to a CNC mill, so from what I am reading my best option would be to choose a square column unit since I want to convert it to CNC in the future.

I like the looks of the IH unit. and love the picture of the mini mill under the Quil of there unit (that looks like the same mini mill I have.). Seems like the IH has a good reputation around here and can be upgraded. guess If I go that route I just need to figure out just what I can afford. I know I can't afford the full CNC right know, and really do want the DRO and Power feed.

Anyone have any other recomendations? any other Brands to look at? I will mostly be working with Aluminum some Steel.