586,094 active members*
4,050 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Free Router plans! and Discuss it here.
Page 14 of 20 41213141516
    I was at my local Borg a couple days ago and poked around - they actually don't have the parts I was thinking of but do have a very similar fastener. Its a "cross dowel" - most are 3/8th dia with a 1/4-20 tapped hole and come in varying lengths to match the material used. It actually seems like a better idea - drill right through and insert the metal dowel - one less precise depth to try and match.

When clicking on the link in the first post of this thread I get this message:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_lang() in /home/cnczone/public_html/modules/Downloads/viewfile.php on line 70

Hey guys. Im getting the same thing, fatal error. Thougt it was just me. Hope its not me cause i want the plans so bad i can feel it lol. jgro your the man for doing this for us wana be's. thanks . graham

You are getting an error, because nothing exist on the download page, see for yourself :

http://www.cnczone.com/modules.php?name=Downloads

I think cncadmin is still working on updates for the site.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by grahamshere View Post
    Hey guys. Im getting the same thing, fatal error. Thougt it was just me. Hope its not me cause i want the plans so bad i can feel it lol. jgro your the man for doing this for us wana be's. thanks . graham
    Graham,

Here's a ZIPped copy of JGRO's plans in PDF. I'll leave the copy here until the downloads section is repopulated by CNCAdmin. I don't want to curb your enthusiasm.

If anyone has a problem with my posting them in the interim, I'll remove the plans sooner (or they can be removed for me).

Good luck with your CNC table, GrahamsHere! I've enjoyed building and learning how to use my JGRO build. Thanks again to JGRO for from all of us that have learned something from his plans, and from those that have completed one of his CNC Routers.

See post #283 for JGRO's CNC Router files in PDF, DXF, & SolidWorks formats. Enjoy! And many thanks to JGRO for his plans!
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Thanks HayTay. I was also curious what the plans looked like! I'm looking around/reading this forum, if I'll be able to make such a cnc router too.
    Anyway, the JGRO plans look great!

Just one question; Could I use metric bolts to hold the lineair bearings in place? Do the bearings have clearance with the 5/16-18 hex. US. bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Menno View Post
    Thanks HayTay. I was also curious what the plans looked like! I'm looking around/reading this forum, if I'll be able to make such a cnc router too.
    Anyway, the JGRO plans look great!
    You're in the right place! CNCZone is an awesome resource supported by a fantastic group of people.

Stick with it and I'm sure you'll have your table done before you know it. Take your time, start out with the parts that are easiest for you, then move on to the more complex pieces. If you mess up a part, no big deal, it's mostly inexpensive wood/MDF and black pipe. Almost all of the nuts, bolts, screws, washers, threaded rod, etc. can be reused (over and over again). Most people migrate the hardware from their first build to their second, and third builds as well.

When you finish your CNC Router you'll find that that was probably the easiest part. Most people find the electronics a little more challenging. The CAD, CAM, and controller software applications seem to have the steepest learning curve for those that haven't had any previous experience in that area. I'd suggest that you start trying out different demos to see which one's that you feel most comfortable using and will suit your needs.

Above all, have fun.

Yes, you can use metric bolts for the linear bearings, the bearings that are called for in the plans have an 8mm ID x 22mm OD. Actually, you can use metric parts for everything you'll just have to do the conversion.
    HayTay

Quote Originally Posted by Menno
    Just one question; Could I use metric
    You may want to take a look at this thread, http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23194, and maybe PM pulsar200 to compare notes.
    HayTay

Thanks Haytay

Thank you . That was great of you. Got them and checking them out . I was woundering has any one done this machine in aluminum, ok probable spelt wrong. What id be using this machine for is an art work called intarsia, A 2.5d inlay wall hanging made from red cedar. This will be a first diy machine.So im sure ill be bugging for advice from all you experts. Thanks Graham

Free Plans

Hello,
    New here, just tried to get the free plan by the link but I get this message:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_lang() in /home/cnczone/public_html/modules/Downloads/viewfile.php on line 70

Thanks,
    James R

Hello,
    New here, just tried to get the free plan by the link but I get this message:

Thanks,
    James R

Have a look at Post #264 & #265

Jerry

Hi
    I am not able access to link could you please send me email about
    this plans
    ;Best Regards

[email protected]

Hi
    I clicked on the link to get the plans and received the following error

I know I may be a little cheeky here could you email me a copy of the plans or give me another link to download them.

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Drakkn Guitars
    [email protected]

Hi finally found a post with the jrgo.zip files downloaded now ,thanks for the help,cant wait to have the machine so that I can start doing custom guitar bodies and necks in my new shop.Now to print it all off and have a coffee and a good read.

Broken Link

Quote Originally Posted by CNCadmin View Post
    Here is the link for the free router plans http://cnczone.com/modules.php?name=...=viewfile&id=4 please discuss the plans here in this thread.
    Hi,
    I'm new here, Looking for a router plan to built. Cant access the link.
    Can you please forward me the link.
    Thanks
    LOh

The M|issing Link pun intended

I found it a few pages pack - but I will put them here 2 files one of the drawings and one of the buld instructions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkn View Post
    I found it a few pages pack - but I will put them here 2 files one of the drawings and one of the buld instructions.
    Weren't they available as a set of dxf and solidworks files too?
    I've got the PDF version but I need to shift all dimensons into metric so It would be helpful to be able to load it into solidworks.
    Can't find a .sld version anywhere

I have just converted the pdf file into a load of dxf files if you want them I will zip them up and post them
    Drakkn Custom Shop http://www.drakkncustomshop.co.uk

DXF files http://www.uk-guitarshop.co.uk/dxfpage.html

You will be able to download them in about an hour or so
    Drakkn Custom Shop http://www.drakkncustomshop.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkn View Post
    DXF files http://www.uk-guitarshop.co.uk/dxfpage.html

You will be able to download them in about an hour or so
    thanks a lot

Page 14 of 20 41213141516