586,540 active members*
2,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: SL15 error

SL15 error

Hi All!
    I have a problem with SL 15 Mori seiki(Fapt option)
    When CNC start after tests and checks i have the follow error:RAM PARITY ERROR
    CAn you help me?
    Thank's in advance!

check this out

http://www.pcguide.com/ts/x/sys/booterrGBER39-c.html

Bob

"
    Explanation: A parity error was detected within the system memory. Parity checking is used to detect memory corruption between the time that data is written to memory and the time that it is read back"

RAM Parity Error

Typically, you will have to clear memory and reload all parameters into the machine-tool to rid yourself of this problem. If you do not have backups, then Mori can supply them for you.

Clear all memory on the Fanuc 10/11 control is done by powering up the control while holding down the 7 & 9 keys.

The next step will be to enter IPL mode and begin reloading all option parameters.

This sequence of steps is best accomplished by someone with experience on the Fanuc Control. I recommend either Fanuc America of a privateer who can talk to you about at least these first steps on the phone (so you know that they know their stuff). By the way, the next step is to have all of the options converted into hex from the binary form that it is typically listed in the backup parameter files. This is simple to do and takes just a few minutes on paper, but if the person you are thinking of hiring does not know what this is then do not use them.

Good luck and have a good day.

Thank you, for this information!
    I have your sugestion on backup,because for the moment i find anodher way to solve this problem.In fact when the CNC booting and the PLC starting i press two or three times the CNC/PLC key,and the CNC "forget" RAM parity error.
    Any way , finaly i need to follow your sugestion .
    I have backup with all parameters, and also i make pictures with all screens parameters.

Best regards,
    Gimman,

Quote Originally Posted by fixmycnc View Post
    Typically, you will have to clear memory and reload all parameters into the machine-tool to rid yourself of this problem. If you do not have backups, then Mori can supply them for you.

Clear all memory on the Fanuc 10/11 control is done by powering up the control while holding down the 7 & 9 keys.

The next step will be to enter IPL mode and begin reloading all option parameters.

This sequence of steps is best accomplished by someone with experience on the Fanuc Control. I recommend either Fanuc America of a privateer who can talk to you about at least these first steps on the phone (so you know that they know their stuff). By the way, the next step is to have all of the options converted into hex from the binary form that it is typically listed in the backup parameter files. This is simple to do and takes just a few minutes on paper, but if the person you are thinking of hiring does not know what this is then do not use them.

Good luck and have a good day.