586,094 active members*
3,807 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

E-stop on a Torchmate 3

Hello

Has anyone put an E-stop on a Torchmate 3? I am thinking about interfacing an external switch to the space bar switch in the keyboard. I'm thinking about hooking this switch up to a cable so the switch can be pulled all around the table.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by manyhobies View Post
    Hello

Has anyone put an E-stop on a Torchmate 3? I am thinking about interfacing an external switch to the space bar switch in the keyboard. I'm thinking about hooking this switch up to a cable so the switch can be pulled all around the table.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan
    The Input connector on the back of the signal generator is meant for Normally Open or Normally closed switches, that can be configured in the Torchmate Drivers software for multiple functions. IE Limit switches, homing, Safety, Feed hold. All you really need is the input cable connector that gives you the ability to wire in 5 switches to do with what you please.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@Torchmate View Post
    The Input connector on the back of the signal generator is meant for Normally Open or Normally closed switches, that can be configured in the Torchmate Drivers software for multiple functions. IE Limit switches, homing, Safety, Feed hold. All you really need is the input cable connector that gives you the ability to wire in 5 switches to do with what you please.
    Mike, where should I look to learn more about how to do this kind of thing. Particularly, I am interested in homing & limit switches, maybe an E-stop, and a remote/pendant would be nice for jogging. Firstly, we could use the homing switches.

Any tips on how to integrate the homing switches to work with the software would be helpful, too. I'm not strong with the electronics. Thanks!

Basically what you need is an input cable, which gives you 5 Normally Open or Normally closed pairs of wires, that just allow you to hook up a switch to them. The function of this switch and the type of switch is all defined in the software. They can be used as E-Stops, Homing, Limits, and Safety's.
    Mike @ Torchmate.com | www.Torchmate.com
    Toll Free : (866) 571-1066 M-F 7:30am-4pm PST