586,075 active members*
4,143 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Share your Alibre Design Parts Here!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12

Share your Alibre Design Parts Here!!!!!!!

Share your Alibre Design Parts Here!!!!!!!

This isn't a competition but a Thread to Share your personal accomplishments with Alibre Design.

Load PDF's and AD_PRT's

I'm sure Tjones will pop in with some really COOL Parts too!!!!!!

I'll start of with 2 parts done last night and today, both Aerospace and pretty simple compared to the Contest Winners on Alibre's Website Gallery. PDF Format
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Toby,

Very cool but what about the GEO?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stevenson View Post
    Toby,

Very cool but what about the GEO?
    Proprietary Information, Sorry
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thread is titled: "Share your Alibre Design Parts Here!!!!!!!"

Not "Show pics of your Alibre Design Parts Here!!!!!!!"

Thread is titled: "Share your Alibre Design Parts Here!!!!!!!"

Not "Show pics of your Alibre Design Parts Here!!!!!!!"
    Well V8.1 PDF's can be Rotated, Panned, and Zoomed In/Out. Show is different than Tell
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Well V8.1 PDF's can be Rotated, Panned, and Zoomed In/Out. Show is different than Tell
    Well I'll be, you are correct about the PDF.

"Show is different than Tell?"

How do you help anyone with "show?"

Well I'll be, you are correct about the PDF.

"Show is different than Tell?"

How do you help anyone with "show?"
    I would say more along the lines of Inspire others to keep working hard, and never give up on themselves.

LOL, maybe this was a bad thread idea for CNC Zone. It might be best to keep this on the Alibre User Forum.

What do you think Mike????:rainfro:
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

No, it's a great idea. Keep posting 3D PDF pics of "Proprietary Information" okay? Someone will figure them out sooner or later.

:cheers:

No, it's a great idea. Keep posting 3D PDF pics of "Proprietary Information" okay? Someone will figure them out sooner or later.

:cheers:
    Hmmmmmm...... Parametric, with a twist, little edit, and combination of more than one part....... I doubt it.

Do you have anything to add to this thread, or are you just trying to boost your number of posts?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Look who's talking...:banana:

Looks like someone is trying to push buttons.

Better to push the buttons on the machine and not pick fights.

Doing work for free does not pay the bills and neither does giving away designs. However if you need help I am sure we can do something to get you started. What would you like to see?

Quote Originally Posted by tjones View Post
    Looks like someone is trying to push buttons.

Better to push the buttons on the machine and not pick fights.

Doing work for free does not pay the bills and neither does giving away designs. However if you need help I am sure we can do something to get you started. What would you like to see?
    It's ok, all in good fun, no harm done.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Here is a screen shot of one I toy with.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cutting it in Alibre.jpg  

Looks good. Does the software do solid animated verification too?

Looks good. Does the software do solid animated verification too?
    It does but I have no idea how feature rich it is.

Looks GREAT tjones.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

The reason I said that is I would love to see a Youtube video of this toolpath. You can see what the tool is really doing more clearly than the wireframe version.

The reason I said that is I would love to see a Youtube video of this toolpath. You can see what the tool is really doing more clearly than the wireframe version.
    That would be Cool to see. CNC Verification is always pretty cool

BTW: How do you get large videos to upload on YouTube??? The one I have is about 33mb or 50mb. Is there like an FTP link???
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Toby,

You compress it with video editing software. You should be able to use Windows Movie Maker to do that. You insert the big file onto the timeline and use one of the render as profiles to reduce the file size.

The version I have does do simulation. I will give it a try. I have used Alibre to cut an actual part but since I have a limited version I had not used it much as we have another program we have used for a long time.

I will be testing it out more though after I get use to playing with it at home.

I was originally wrong in that the version I have does a tool path simulation but apparently not a solid verification.

Well there is always Predator Virtual CNC for verification
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Page 1 of 2 12