586,096 active members*
3,772 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question PROGRAMABLE TAILSTOCK

HELLO EVERYBODY, I'm trying to program a tailstock but I get the following alarm:

M78 or M79 or M70 is not finished within 15 sec after command, check solenoid valve, switch position or program condition.

Actually I do not know what I have to do,

I appreciate your help

Thank you

Please post your program (at least the section where you are using the tailstock).

When you send the tailstock out with an M function (as in a program), it needs verification that it has extended to where it is supposed to be. Typically there is a panel on the side of the tailstock facing the operator. Behind this panel are two swtiches for tail stoack back and forward. You need to adjust the forward switch or actuator so the control sees it and verifies your M function.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thank you, now the tailstock works perfectly. I had to adjust the sensors that are inside the tailstock.

If the proximity switches get to be a pain, I usually shut off the keep relay that controls them. It should be keep relay 8 bit 7. Please check in the blue book on the electrical cabinet door (unless someone has moved it of course), to make certain this is the correct keep relay.