586,051 active members*
3,725 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry Mazak QT-20 HP Alarm Head Lubrication

We have a Mazak QT-20 HP with the T-Plus contol and every so often a alarm # 261 pops up. It is the "Head Lubrication Alarm". There is plenty of way oil and hydralic oil in it and all seem to have a decent flow. When we bought the machine it was used and had a bad board. When we replaced the board it also lost paramters. The seller provided us with a copy of the parameters from a machine that he had in his shop that was the same model. Aftger searching other forums I was pointed towards a parameter that turns on/checks spindle coolant. Since the spindle coolant pump is a optional piece of equipment it seems that the machine we received the parameters from had this piece of equipment and ours does not. Not sure if I correct but it seems that is what is causing our alarm. If that is true I can't figure out what parameter I need to correct. I have contacted Mazak about this and they where no help. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Have you ever replaced your metering valves, they are susposed to be done every couple of years.

Your control is monitoring the bleed down time, too fast, throws you an error, too slow same thing. On a QT20 I was getting all kinds of different errors, all oil related, it was metering valves. I honestly don't remember if "head lubrication" was one of them.

Carnedude,
    Next time the alarm pops up check to see if input X31 or X34 is on. X31 is a 110 volt breaker trip from QF 11 and 12. They have to do with a control cabinet duct fan and some heat exchanger. X34 is from spindle lube pressure switch which you don't have on your machine. Come to think of it though, if one of the breakers were tripping you would know it because you would have to be resetting it to clear the alarm. But if you have an intermittant short that comes and goes to these inputs you will trigger alarm 261 and it latches in until you hit reset.
    HTH,
    Lee

no dice

I check about the metering valve, 2 years ago they were replaced, still not sure about it being a short. I am thinking it might have to do with the way lube pump itself. Anymore ideas of things i can check out will be a huge help!