586,299 active members*
3,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TRS Drive testing

Hello,
    Is anyone familiar with howto test a TRS drive? I finally have my spindle drive working and now 1 of my servo drives keep faulting out on OCP or OVC alarms. When the machine is first turned on it is stable for a few minutes. After that the y axis will start to get unstable and then it will kick out with the alarm. I swapped the AXO4 card to the x-axis and the error followed the card. I have the test procedure from Mitsu that tells you to check with a scope but I am not clear where to connect the ground for the pins.

Thanks for any help,
    Cutmore

AX04 Grounds

Manual shows CH31,CH33, as well as anything labeled AG as AX04 analog ground. LG is the digital ground. CHB is the OCP Ground but a caution says that it should be used in conjunction with AG and LG.
    HTH
    Lee

Thanks for the info,
    So I guess any thing that is supposed to give a sign or triangle is considered analog, and the logic would be the digital?

Thanks,
    Cutmore

Electrical not Electronic

Don't know about signs or triangles. My job ended when the problem followed the board. It would be on it's way to Chicago.
    Lee

Lee,
    Thank you for the reply,
    In the manual some of the channels give sign waves and some give triangle or saw tooth waves. I am hoping to be able to find whether the card is adjusted right or not. I have not had this machine running for long and am working my way through it's issues 1 at a time.

Thanks,
    Cutmore

TRS Drive testing

Hi,
    Does anyone have any more info on the trs drives than what is available from the manual on the Mitsubishi site?

I have 1 drive that is faulting (ovc, sometimes and Ocp sometimes) I believe it is not adjusted right, as I have swapped a different AX04 in and that worked fine.

I also purchased a 2nd drive that was "supposed to be working. "
    When I received it, Everything else I bought was on top of it and it doesn't work now. It has no signal in the triangular wave section.

thanks for any help,
    Cutmore

TRS

Did you get help with the drive? If not, call Mitsubishi and get a simple procedure to check droop and gain.

TRS drive testing

Thanks for the reply,
    Do you mean the procedure that's in the TRS manual from Mitsubishi, Or is there something more available direct from them?

Regards,
    Cutmore