586,075 active members*
4,102 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > G-REX > Does anyone know how to take a Grex apart?

Does anyone know how to take a Grex apart?

Hi guys, does anyone know how you open up a G100 without damaging the electronics? I'd quite like to bin the Rabbit part and recycle the FPGA and I/O board for use with EMC2.

Cheers.

Simple, just lightly pry the top cover to clear the end tabs and lift. I find its a little easier starting with the usb/power end first. You have to pry enough to clear the power and usb housings, then just lift/swing the ethernet end to clear the ethernet port.

I'm very curious on how you plan to implement with EMC. PLEASE share the details, trials and tribulations.

Quote Originally Posted by 123CNC View Post
    Simple, just lightly pry the top cover to clear the end tabs and lift. I find its a little easier starting with the usb/power end first. You have to pry enough to clear the power and usb housings, then just lift/swing the ethernet end to clear the ethernet port.

I'm very curious on how you plan to implement with EMC. PLEASE share the details, trials and tribulations.
    Thanks - it was easy once I realised that the bottom comes off first leaving the circuitry in the top piece. It's a clever bit of packaging

I have no idea what I am going to do yet - I have an FPGA on a PCI card with an open-source PCI target + Linux driver, so I can toggle bits from software. I guess I could make up an adapter cable to link this to the Grex's hardware in place of the Rabbit.