586,111 active members*
3,467 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Need high quality Nema34 Servo that can do 10,000 RPM

Need high quality Nema34 Servo that can do 10,000 RPM

I'm looking for a high quality servo motor that is in the Nema 34 form factor and can achieve 10,000 RPM. Brushed, brushless doesn't matter as long as it is quality. Being able to use USdigital encoders is a plus, as it would other wise need to have a 500-700 cycle quadrature encoder.

Any ideas on where to look?

-Jim

Not many motors will run that high. You need super-precision bearings and balancing.
    A router motor (series ac/dc) will run fast, but needs a lot of cooling.

What HP do you need ?

I'd be interested to hear what you find - that's fast indeed for a servo. The highest rated RPM in a NEMA34 I've come across is a custom Parker Compumotor I have, at 7500 rpm. The Allen Bradley MPL series has a few that go as high as 8000 rpm but I don't think the fast ones are any bigger than NEMA23.

How much power do you need?

Regards,

Jason

Ive used brushless servos up to 10000 RPM, but they do get hot.
    Also what bus voltage do you need and what driver? forget low voltage brushless, it will burn up very quick due to ion losses.
    it will need to be at least 200V.
    You can also forget brushed, the brushes will where very fast, and it is unlikely any motor manufacture will make a brushed servo at this speed.
    Most servo motors will come with an encoder allready fitted, and these are normally in the 1024-2500 CPR range, so your driver will need to handle quite a high frequency..
    Also what is the duty cycle and torque do you need? if you want S1 duty cycle, you will need quite exotic cooling, like forced air or water.

Oh, and why do you need sutch a high speed? there may be other ways to get arround the problem than using a high speed motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingjamez View Post
    I'm looking for a high quality servo motor that is in the Nema 34 form factor and can achieve 10,000 RPM. Brushed, brushless doesn't matter as long as it is quality. Being able to use USdigital encoders is a plus, as it would other wise need to have a 500-700 cycle quadrature encoder.

Any ideas on where to look?

-Jim
    Zapp Automation Ltd
    www.slidesandballscrews.com