586,094 active members*
3,889 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Doosan mx2000st

I'm having trouble with my mx2000st.
    Once or twice a shift I get AL#2109 Tool Magazine Syncrho
    Malfunction. Has anyone else had this? Doosan doesn't even know what it is.

80 tools?
    Try to rotate magazine manually one or two rounds and then put it back to atc 1-cycle and automatic mode. I think it should return to it's reference position when you do this. It worked for me...

hi there,
    you need to find the homing proximity switch i think its at the top of the magazine (but not 100%)my machine is 40 tools so may be different.but it also could be the counter switch which is on the sprocket that turns the tool chain it counts the holes in the sprocket and knows where the tools are from that.they are only simple switches easily available on the net.i had loads of trouble with my machine even though the problems were small it still stopped the machine, i ended up fixing them myself and learning a lot at the same time.
    good luck.
    chris.

I have a 2500st as well, but its a 40 holder though. I have problems with the toolchanger to but not the same error you get. Try rotating the magazine around a few times so it finds it home again. The Location switch for the 40 holder is located right behind and above the tool loader. The magazine with the trigger switch is the one that sitting at the switch when tool 1 is in the magazine advance holding location(were it sits to do a tool change.). It maybe need to be adjusted for better alignment or it might be dirty and preventing a good signal. Just a thought. Also when you code your tool changes in your programs do you preselect the next tool after you tool change?
    If so use the following format:
    ------------------------------------------
    T01000(PRE- SELECT)
    M6T01001 (TOOL CHANGE)
    T02000(PRE-SELECT)
    T02000(PRE-SELECT)
    M6T02002(TOOL CHANGER)
    T03000(PRE-SELECT)
    M6T03003(TOOLCHANGE)

----------------------------------------------
    If you use the following format:
    ----------------------------------------------
    T01000(PRE- SELECT)
    M6T01001 (TOOL CHANGE)
    T02000(PRE-SELECT)
    .T02000(PRE-SELECT)
    M6T02002(TOOL CHANGER)
    T03000(PRE-SELECT)
    T03000(PRE-SELECT)
    M6T03003(TOOLCHANGE)

It will generate an alarm randomly I've gone 2 shifts with no alarm and some time generate 4-5 alarms a shift. The guys at Doosan told me to use the format that does preselect 2 times. By preselecting the tool again before a tool change it can throw the timing off and you can lose sync of the tool change.
    Hope this helps.
    :wave:

hi,
    we do get the mag synchro alarm if we check the condition of the tools in the back of the machine and rotate the mag and dont put it back in the same place, and also it will put the tool from the spindle into the waiting pot no matter what the pot number is.we broke a form tool not long ago by this method.we always now return it back to the same pot position after checking the tools!! i asked doosan about this and got no response but the salesman says that it was an early machine in the uk and software has moved on a lot...

We finally got to the bottom of our tool change problem yesterday. The pressure switch for the clamp-unclamp for the milling head was faulty. It was random at first not its completely dead. It would clamp the spindle for tool change but the signal saying it was clamped was not being delivered. It will be replaced next week. They are also gong to update the Ladder to the newest one. That should help with a few things to. You should see if you can get your ladder updated as well. Were are you located and who sold you the machine. Im in northern ontario, and deal with Ferro. There good guys always there right away even though its a 3 hour drive for them.

Puma MX2000ST

I found the problem. The program was precalling the same tool it just put away. Then calling the next tool. Meanwhile the tool change door is open with coolant spraying all over the tool chain. I't was covering the photo eye causing it to malfunctiion. Changed the program and cleaned the photo eye. No problem since. Thanks for the help.