586,108 active members*
3,195 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mori NT Hard Limit Problem

I've got a fun problem. I'm cutting a part with a Mori 4250NT/SZ and I need to use the sub spindle as a tailstock. The part is only about 12" long, so the sub spindle is really far forward. Everything was sweet in the dry run until I went to do a tool change. Here's the fun part:

If the side of the mill spindle ram is too close to the face of the sub spindle sheet metal and X1 is not home(the home light must be on), several alarms pop up:

X1- Overtravel(Hard)
    Z1+ Overtravel(Hard)
    A1- Overtravel(Hard)
    And two more that mean essentially the same thing.

This is a problem because when the G362 runs the machine to G30P3U0V0W???, the W is too far Z+ and I hit the overtravel, since P3U0 is machine -.03124

I've talked to several people from Mori and have not gotten a real answer on this problem, as I have encountered it before. The best response I've gotten so far is "How much more room do you need?", implying that they won't get rid of it, but they could fudge it for us if need be.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone know how to manually push the machine through a tool change instead of the G361/G362 macros?

Can you scribe for reference and remove the limit switches... adjust and replace... be careful doh.

it is interference prevention for mori NT.it is called safety barrier and is set by parameter.
    you can call moriseiki.

but ,reply is very late, I think you have cleared it....

with your G362 line you have to set up the 3rd zero return position in your fanuc parameters. I want to say it's in the 1200's or 1400's... it slips my mind at the moment

as far as the hard OT is concerned, that's just Data parameters in the D1900's. I wouldn't recommend tweaking them unless you really know what you're doing.

if you were having issues back in july you should have called mori NJ and asked for Phil (me). now i'm not with mori anymore so you'd have to call me direct and pay me to come out and help